Can you replace sky after applying a template?

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Margaret Bright

Hi Derik,

You can always adjust the scene with such sliders as Relight Scene, Sky Temperature, Sky Exposure, and others: https://prnt.sc/w995wc

After you make all the edits, you can save the final look as a new custom template and use it later for other images.

Comment actions Permalink
    Derik Tran

After I applied a template, I want to replace the sky using the same theme or style.  It wouldn't do that and messes up the entire look.  If I replace the sky first then apply the template, it removes the sky I replaced.  So do I have to just do one of them, re-export as a TIFF, and then apply the 2nd?  The other adjustments won't really work.

Margaret Bright

Derik, in this case, for now, exporting and re-importing is the only available workaround. You can apply the sky first, export the image, import it back to Luminar AI, and apply the template afterward. 

But I think that the ability to adjust the sky to the colors of the selected template is a great suggestion, and I will forward it to our team to have them consider implementing it in the future.

Richard Harrington

There is no need to double export.

1. Apply the template
    2. Replace the Sky.

You can not save a new template if you want to reuse it or Copy and Paste adjustments.

Derik Tran

hi Richard, I tried that.  Applied the Artic Sea template then replaced sky.  the sky came out very odd and I lost my 'theme' from Artic Sea.  it does not retain the same theme but rather blends some weird coloring.

Derik Tran

Hi Richard, 

To show you the issue, let me replicate it and attach the results.

1) Here's the original picture

2) Applied Artic Sea template

3) Replaced Sky with Blue Sky 3

3) All I did was HIDE the sky replacement to show before/after.  It took over entire change rather than adhere to the template appled.

Please sign in to leave a comment.