Templates vs copy/paste adjustments

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Margaret Bright

Hi Sławek,

There will be no difference between applying the same template to two photos and applying a template to the first photo, then copying adjustment and pasting to the other photo.

Copying adjustments would be a better solution in case you have manually edited the template and then need to have these same adjustments on another image. In this case, you can copy and paste adjustments or save a custom template and apply your custom template to other photos.

If you would like to learn more about templates, check out this part of our User Manual: https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/working-with-templates

Comment actions Permalink
    Richard Harrington

The benefit of a template is that it backs up your settings.

Making it easier to reuse in the future... or even to transfer machines.

Sławek Pełka

Thanks! I had a little trouble to find how to store my own template. Thanks to the movie in manual I have found out!

Sławek Pełka

Is it possible to copy/paste settings from only selected modules? E.g. only Portrait settings without affecting other parts, e.g. Essentials or Creative? It would be very useful.

Also if you modify only a few settings from default Template it would be very helpful to see what is modified to custom values versus default ones.

Another useful feature would be to stack templates one over another, especially if one template affects different setting than another. (It is similar to the first question)

Please sign in to leave a comment.