Out of the many performance problems with Luminar AI, the most annoying one is with the catalog browser. Every time I load a photo, it needs to reapply the edits and it takes 10/15 seconds each time. Making browsing the catalog absolutely useless.
Here is a video of the problem: https://imgur.com/anG9RaN
- I have two images with some edits.
- I click on the first one. It's blurry and without the edits. The Luminar AI logo glows for 10 seconds and my image with the edits loads (kind of expected)
- I click on the second photo. Same loading.
- But then I click back on the first one and it has to redo the loading and applying everything.
It should use some kind of smart previews or internal cache. I can understand having to regenerate these when you start Luminar but not on each "view" of each picture.
- Ryzen 5 5600X
- 32Gb RAM @ 3200
- Nvidia 1650 Super with updated drivers
- All luminar storage (photos and catalog) is on Samsung 970 Pro NVME
Please sign in to leave a comment.