I think I found a bug; if not, I am doing it wrong and would appreciate any advice. Goal: to superimpose a partial jpg image from my computer on an image layer. Example: I have a base layer of a lake. I also have a picture of my friend in a JPG picture. I want to extract him out of the jpg picture and place him walking on water. I can place him on water ... but .. when I try to 'move' the layer of him, the mask does not move with the layer.
Here are my steps:
1) Start off with a base later - the lake
2) Add an Image Layer - it is the jpg of my friend. Image Mapping = "Fit".
3) "Transform" the layer and adjust the size. Done. Now I have two layers. However, I need isolate him out of the picture. I just want an image of him walking and I can do that with a mask.
4) Apply Mask to Layer 2 - Mask = Invert. Paint mask over my friend so only he shows and the rest of the picture is transparent to the base. It works great! Almost there. I have picture of my friend on the lake. However, I now need to move him to a different part of the base picture.
5) Apply Layer Transform to the Image Layer. I can see the square outline of the resized image. I can move it with my a hand symbol. However, the mask does not move with it. It is like the mask is anchored to the base image, not the actual image layer. My expectation is that if I move an image layer after 'transformation', the mask applied on that layer would move with it.
TRY IT YOURSELF:
ALSO: if you try to "Rasterized the Layer" ... (e..g, the Image layer) ... it does not just rasterize the layer, it also rasterized the base layer with it.
An tips on how to add objects on to a base image? thx Jay
Please sign in to leave a comment.