Augment Sky AI feature - only ONE object can be added?

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Raymond Griffiths

Good question. With Luminar 4 you can do this by adding a stamped layer, but there are no layers in AI so it seems like you are limited to one object. With clouds, you would probably want to add more than one so it looks as though this feature has fallen victim to the no-layer strategy.

Comment actions Permalink
    Austin Miller

Hello Dmitry and Raymond. You can use the following workaround in order to add another Augmented Sky AI object on the picture:

1. Add the desired object on your image.

2. Export this image to desktop or any preferable folder.

3. Reimport the picture to Luminar AI

4. Add one more sky object.

I understand that this workaround can be cumbersome but it is the only way right now.

Sean Foo

That is a joke right? The workaround simply not reversible and plus exporting image means losing quality, with more object the more quality will be lost during this whole workaround. I might be wrong.

Raymond Griffiths

It's no joke, Sean, wish it was. The loss of layers is a reduction in the functionality of Luminar, it reduces its usefulness as a standalone and enforces the need for a full photo editor.

Kate Williams

Hi Sean,

You can export the image in a lossless TIFF format so that the maximum information and quality are preserved. When the picture is re-uploaded and the second object is added, you can select the desired format for export. 

We do hope to find a way to add more than one object via an Augmented Sky AI tool in the following updates. 

Sean Foo

As long it’s exporting, I’m sure there’s some losses, also that workaround is permanent solution, export and reimport, it’s just crazy. Better export original and add the object in PS or Affinity Photo

Colin Grant

You only lose quality if you keep saving and re-saving jpegs. Tiff is a lossless format. Still a rubbish solution though

Please sign in to leave a comment.