BEWARE: unuseable with Big Sur

Answered

Comments

10 comments

• Official comment
    Alina Skylum

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to hear you're facing issues with Luminar AI.

Would you mind sending crash reports to our support team so we can look into this?

• Open Finder.
    • Click Go in the top menu > click Go to Folder.
    • Paste the following path: ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports and click Go.
    • In the folder that opens find the most recent files with Luminar AI in their names and attach them to your support request at skylum.com/support

Please attach hardware configuration to your support request as well:
    Click on Apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen, click About This Mac, and make a screenshot of the window that opens. 

Thank you in advance!

Hi Sergei - are you using Luminar 3 or an earlier version of Luminar? If so, please note that Luminar 3 is not compatible with Big Sur at this time, hence the crash on export. We are planning to release a compatibility update later, but no ETA for it yet.

Comment actions Permalink
    Stephen Scharf

Yep, unusable with Mac OS Mojave, also. 

Sergei Drovetski

Works as a plug in with Photos with all the functions and even saves jpg (it always crashes on jpg as a stand alone).  Useless in any other way.

Jay Maynard

I'm on my third OS in a week Big Sur wasn't the worst by far.  Skylum has completely sh*t the bed  

Stephen Scharf

Off-topic here, but how are you finding Big Sur? I'm generally a very late adopter of Mac OS updates as generally so many things break. I really need Capture One and PS to keep working, and PS 2021 has also been really crash-prone with Mojave. Cheers. 

Jay Maynard

Big Sur caused issues with my Canon printer so I don't use it on my for editing machine but I use it on my work devices and so far it's pretty good.  Looks a bit goofy but that doesn't bug me 

Donna Hoffman

I'm on Big Sur 11.1 on the new MacBook Pro M1... runs beautifully for me.

Zabo Zabolotny

I sent my report a couple days ago as per the above instructions. I have not yet recieved a reply.

Victoria Grace

Hi Mark,

We've located your email and our support agent will get back to you asap. Thanks for your patience!

Ute Killgen

Hello 👋 

my computer hast now as well asked to update on Big Sur...
    I'm wondering, if the problems have been solved already?

Thank you for your feedback
    Ute

Please sign in to leave a comment.