Photolemur 3 completely frozen

Answered

Comments

3 comments

David Neu

Additional information: When using on large images (64 megapixels) it usually fails and / or frozes like described above. It seems that in case the batch does not contain large images then succeeds. (Or most of the time it does.) Is there any maximum image size limitation?

Comment actions Permalink
    Austin Miller

Hello David. Could you please specify how many images are you trying to process simultaneously?

David Neu

Hello Austin,

I have made a "test" to see what has this kind of bad effect on the behavior of the editor and I have observed the followings:

• I have added 13 images, 2 of them were 64 megapixels. It has stuck and caused a complete software and system (OS, windows 10) freeze.
    • I have downloaded a pack of 244 images from my google photos (those are converted to 16 megapixels). It succeeded without any freeze.

I have also seen that Photolemur takes about 50-60% of CPU capacity (Core i7-6700HQ) and 2-3Gb of RAM to convert one 16 megapixel image. My assumption is that the algorithm, (one of the enchacners) are using recursion and therefore consumes a crazy amount of system resources. I think that it may cause the stuck what I have seen in case of large images, or lets say, in most of the cases it causes.

Please sign in to leave a comment.