Luminar AI: Toy for influencers!?!

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Kenneth Wong

Agreed. Huge disappointment

Comment actions Permalink
    Hamid Naderi

Agreed 100%. I have already asked for a refund, No answer yet.

Hamid Naderi

Agreed 100%. I have already asked for a refund, No answer yet.

Mike Hardisty

I downloaded my early adopters version on the 9th, Took me about half an hour to realise it lacked functionality and was not going to make a big difference to my workflow. So I asked for a refund straight away and it was paid back into my account the following day.

Keith Patrak

I agree, Luminar AI is very over hyped and offers nothing extra over Luminar 4 apart from the so called AI templates, which are no different to Luminar Looks really, not that you are supplied with very many anyway. If the AI template was so important, why were so few included. I found a few bugs with the software too and in the end asked for a refund, which I have now been given. I will not be so quick in future to buy any upgrade from Luminar, I feel that they rush out their software without making sure it is working as it should, especially with Windows computers. I do like Luminar 4 however and will be continuing to use that alongside my other photo editors

Kate Williams

Hi Fabian ,

We'll be more than glad to take a closer look at the bugs you've encountered in order to get them sorted out. Please file a support request https://skylum.com/support with a detailed description and the screenshots illustrating the issue. 

As far as the features are concerned:

Adjustable Gradient: this video will help -  https://youtu.be/iEIpsHJtdzY 

Histogram can be accessed by right-clicking the image > Show Histogram. 

- Correction of falling lines - Composition AI should help. 

In our other applications, third-party plug-ins are supported and send back the processed image as a new layer. One of the changes in LuminarAI is the switch from layers to a Local Adjustments tool and smart segmentation of our AI-powered tools. This is why there will be no third-party plugin support in LuminarAI. If you need to merge bracketed photos, we suggest using Aurora HDR in its standalone mode.

If you'd like to get a refund for your Luminar AI purchase, please submit a request at https://skylum.com/support 

---------------------------

Hamid , your request has been processed. 

Marcus Glöckner

I dissent in some parts!
    Yes Skylum releases are affected by to much major bugs. Thats the most bothering thing.
    Yes influencers are for sure one of the target group of luminar Ai.

No I do not think it is not usable for (hobby and semi-prof) photographers.
    As an example: If I use the Savannah template for my Africa vacation photos, I realised that they will be changed with too much saturation and color luminance. So I just corrected this, to dont have that really overdriven "Instgram" look, which the templates often produce.

Sure this is a simple example. But what I want to say: The templates are sometimes (!) a good way to save time. But in my case they never can stand alone. There is every time a post adjustment needed. 

Anthony Barraclough

I have several editors including L4 and LAI. Neither of the Skylum editors would satisfy any serious photographer on their own, but both have powerful tools that I haven't found in any other editor (Sky replacement in both and the new "intelligent"  templates to name two.)

I find using L AI suits my need for a quick improvement to my snapshots. Not surprisingly, much of the same effects can be achieved with most editors, but nowhere near as quickly or easily. e.g. I took a range of landscapes on a recent car trip. The day was grey. A quick opening of the image and applying the long exposure template gave an immediate improvement that is enough for now to show the family. Although not always perfect, the erase feature is brilliant and usually needs little extra clone and stamp to tidy up.

However if I want to make many subtle manual changes to "keepers", then even in AI that takes time, and many of the hundreds of tools I find in Photoshop Elements or Lightroom and their competitors are simply not there, but since I only use them for the images that I really want very fine results for that is not an issue.

I can see a time in the future when Apps like LAI really do replace the need for an encyclopaedic knowledge of Photoshop tools and techniques but for now I am happy to treat L AI as a competent but not great step forward - once V2 is issued.

Kenneth Wong

I have just requested for a refund Kate Williams. I hope it would be processed soon. Perhaps when the software is more usable for photographers I would give it another go but right now it is impossible to make any progress with my edits as they come in batches beyond a thousand.

Please sign in to leave a comment.