A zillion copies showing up in Windows Photos after Luminar AI install

Comments

8 comments

Kelly Bilu

I am having this same problem. Every adjustment is saved as a separate file in my PC desktop photo file. How do we stop this. Won't use Luminar AI until rectified.

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Blackwell

You allowed Luminar AI to create its catalog in your Windows Picture folder. That is not a good idea for the reasons you are now experiencing. Delete and/or move that catalog (or create a new one) outside of the Pictures folder.

Judith Tuttle

Thank you Roy.  I am glad you identified the problem.  That said, "I" didn't allow anything.  The screen told me it placed the software into "D:\\Users\Owner\Pictures\Luminar AI Catalog\Luminar AI Catalog\luminarai"  I did not choose this...must be Windows chose this?  In fact, the catalog is within my pictures file on D drive.

When I look at the OS (C:) drive it shows:

"This PC > OS(C:)> Users > Owners > Pictures

But when I follow that link there is no catalog or pictures in the Pictures file.

I understand I am pretty much ignorant about these matters.  I don't know how to "delete and/or move that catalog (or create a new one) outside of the Pictures folder."  I assume you mean from "D" drive.  Can you tell me how to put the Luminar AI Catalog on my "OS (C) drive?  And by doing so it will remove the multiple copies now showing on my Windows Photo app?  If you are willing and able to help me, I will forever be in your debt.  This same thing happened in Luminar 4 and after every Windows Update it somehow moved the catalog to a spot where it made multiple copies of every picture I imported to Luminar in Windows Photos.  Finally, as Geek Squad couldn't figure out this "software" problem, Skylum arranged for me to connect with one of their employees and I gave him remote control access to my laptop.  He did many, many steps and I could not follow them.  Thank you in advance, Judie Tuttle

Roy Blackwell

This screenshot shows where to create new and also locate the existing catalog. Upon initial installation you had to the option to change the default location. From previous experience with Luminar 4 I knew not to accept the Windows Pictures folder because every image placed/created in it gets saved to the cloud and you end with tons of duplicate photos, which you will have to manually delete.

Kelly Bilu

Thank you Roy Blackwell, I moved the catalog to my desktop, reopened Luminar AI, Luminar then said couldn't locate catalog then asked to locate or recreate, I chose recreate and to where I wanted it to go...worked

Judith Tuttle

Dear Roy, I guess I just can’t get it.  NO WHERE on my Windows 10 machine did anything come up looking like your post..period.  I followed Kelly’s instructions but my screen did not say “recreate” but “create” and I moved it to C:\Owners\Luminar AI Catalog.Luminarai.  Interestingly that This screen did have a “change” button on it but the download did not. Hopefully this will resolve my issue and I deeply thank both of you for your help. Judie. Ps I just edited a pik in Luminar but did not export. When I went to Windows Photos it was not there (yea) and all of the seemingly zillions of photos was gone. Looks like problem fixed. Thank you both!

Roy Blackwell

Well done Judith and Kelly. I am happy you have resolved your issue with duplicate photos.

Paddy P

Roy...thanks for comments. I set up a new Luminar file following your screen shot. Don't understand last step from Kelly....also. seems to occur when I export. Has SKYLUM weighed in on this horrible problem? If I delete Luminar AI and reinstall would that be a better option to fix path/stop going to Photos? Thoughts

C:\Users\Amy's PC\Pictures\Luminar AI Catalog (1).

Exported and ended up with copies of every change I made in "Photos"

HELP?....Thanks

Please sign in to leave a comment.