Mac Mini M1 Luminar Ai

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Roy Blackwell

This long time Windows user is also considering adding a Mac Mini M1 to my collection of Windows PCs. Personally, I would never consider anything less than 16GB of ram regardless of the platform.

Comment actions Permalink
    Alina Skylum

Hi! Skylum is a member of the Apple Developer program. We’ve received the prototype hardware, and right now we’re working with it to ensure that LuminarAI will be compatible with these new processors. We have a long history of developing for the Mac platform and will ensure that all our technologies are perfectly adapted for the new hardware.The native support on the M1 chips may take some time. However, using the software on new Macs will be possible much faster than the native support due to Rosetta 2 that aids the transition. This translation process will provide you with a fully operational software.
    LuminarAI is expected to launch in compatibility mode with the new Macs by the end of January.

Brian Glenville

Good to hear as to my M1 mac mini is on its way. I'm using a late 2014 mac mini now and whilst Luminar ai certainly works, it's not exactly speedy. It's slow enough for me to decide to change. I sincerely hope that I can take my edits done on this mac mini with me.  I use Adobe bridge for cataloguing my photos and it integrates beautifully  with ai. Will Skylum put out on the help section a guide as to how to transfer. I know I will have to move my license and that isn't  problem but I'd hate to lose my edits.

Curt Terpstra

I have a MacBook Air M1. I loaded Luminar AI on it and did not see a problem with it, even though it is running through Rosetta2. It runs pretty close to the same speed as Luminar AI running on my MacBook Pro 16 which is running 64 gigs of ram.

Now I haven't gone through a lot of testing on my M1, since I just purchased Luminar AI just a day or so ago, but I have been playing with a couple of photos just to get a feel for the software.

Edited to Add:

My MacBook Air M1 only has 8gigs of ram, and Luminar AI works just fine. I would suggest getting as much ram as you can afford at the time, because more ram as a rule is always better. The MacBook Air M1 is just my test M1 machine to see how compatible software is for the M1.

Michael Muni

Sorry but Skylum by now should have official hardware and not be using the prototype hardware. They are not the same and the prototype hardware has limitations that the official M1 chip does not. The prototype is using an older iPad processor.

Geoffrey G.

Thank you for your answers
    So I am thinking of buying the mac mini M1 16GB
    I was just worried about the speed of the Luminar software
    But if I understand correctly, we have to wait for skylum to do what is necessary to adapt with these new M1 chips.

Hope this will be a good buy !!!

Please sign in to leave a comment.