Rating of Photos in Catalog

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Helga Hufflepuff

Hello Jørgen Lock-Andersen,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback. We do appreciate your input.

LuminarAI is not designed to be a place where you organize your images and store them for a long period of time.  Rather you are encouraged to develop the images you need and then export them when your images are complete.  I will make sure to forward your post to a relevant team.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jørgen Lock-Andersen

Hello Helga. 

I store my 75.000+ photos in the Photos app on my iMac computer and use Luminar AI (and Luminar 4) as extensions to Photos. In this way the edited photos in Luminar are sent back to Photos but the editing history is lost forever. If I - as you suggest - use Luminar AI as a stand alone application and export edited photos back to Photos, I also lose the editing history. So after exporting photos back to Photos I will have to keep the edited photos in the Catalog, if I will continue to have the possibility to redo some of the editing. Otherwise I will have to start all over again. Therefore it is still important to have a good rating system in Luminar AI's Catalog. 

Helga Hufflepuff

Got you, Jørgen Lock-Andersen.

That does make sense. Thank you very much for clarifying your workflow. I will make sure to forward this post to relevant team, so we can evaluate. We will keep collecting similar suggestions to see how many users require that. Maybe this is something that can be returned, but no guarantees for now. Thank you again. I hope you are having a nice one!

Jørgen Lock-Andersen

Hello again Helga 

Thank you for replying. 

I think that the same problem I commented on will apply to all other editing programme with database function like Lightroom and others. If you use Luminar AI as an extension / plug-in, the photos edited in Luminar will be sent back to the database without the History log and no chance of recovering the log. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.