Looks naming import from Luminar 4 to Luminar AI Legacy

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Roy Blackwell

I took a different route, though neither way is something users should have to do to get their migrated looks organized.

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360010170959/comments/360002591719

Comment actions Permalink
    Denver Page

I tried similar Roy, on the pc, but each look comes up as a separate group and contains a name like 4bds-59af-... etc. No reference to the actual name. I agree that this shouldn't have to be done. I noticed when browsing through each script file, that when the import occurred, "Luminar AI" was added in the script, so it should have not been a problem to add the associated group name to the file name or add just the group name and list the names under it.

Terry Luckings

Quite agree with you all, this is something WE should not have to do. 

I have tried Denver's method and it does work but trying to match up over 1200 Looks this way they will be on L6 before I finish. 

Has anyone bought a new AI Templates pack? How is this delivered file wise? Are they supplied individually in a .lmt folder with each template as a .lmp file? or do they come as a 'collection'?

Once you can see that you may be able to create a new plist file and group them just as you did in L4. If anyone can supply a screen shot of a new template package that would be great (I'm not asking for the actual file).

I have finally got a response to my question with support and I quote 'As for the Looks, there is no way to group or sort them, but I will pass on your request to our tech team for further consideration.' So don't hold your breathe waiting for Skylum to resolve this, I think it is down to us to find the remedy.

Roy Blackwell

Terry Luckings: See the link I posted above. I did not detail how I replicated the structure of a purchased Luminar AI template collection (kinda tedious) but I did this so far on three of my purchased Luminar 4 looks collections that were auto migrated into Luminar AI. AI template collections make use of json, not a plist file. The advantage of using this structure is that these Looks collections now appear under the purchased label in an organized manner.

Basic Purchased AI Template Structure:

long alpha numeric named folder
      config subfolder
        config.json
    long alpha numeric named subfolder
      config.json
      multiple .lmt folders
        .lmp file in each lmt folder

The second config.json references all the lmt folders.

Terry Luckings

Thanks Roy Blackwell, I'll have to have a play around with that.

Please sign in to leave a comment.