Bulk deletion of imported Looks

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Roy Blackwell

Probably no help to Mac users but on Windows they are located here:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Luminar AI\Data\Templates\Legacy

In this folder they are neatly organized by collection name but in Luminar AI it is just one very long unorganized list, some with names that make no sense.

I have learned that if I remove a collection from the Legacy folder, it disappears from Luminar AI next time I launch it. With this knowledge I will remove them all and begin to add them back one at time so I know what looks are from what collection.

I also noticed the 'Purchased' templates have a config.json file which specifies a title for the collection. The migrated collections in the 'Legacy' folder do not have this config file. Maybe a knowledgeable JSON user can take a look at this and figure a way we can create titles for legacy collections that were migrated.

Comment actions Permalink
    Bob Shrader

Roy, thanks for the enlightenment related to Windows. In Mac, files like this are normally found in an Application Support folder which tend to be tucked in one of several places. So far, I haven't found the one for Luminar AI. 

John West

Hi Bob, the easiest way I have found on a MAC is: open finder > Applications > Luminar AI.app then Control click and select 'Show Package Contents' > Contents > Frameworks > MIPLResources.framework > Resources - there you will find the location for Cross Processing, Default LUT's (you can put your own folder here - not sure how many before you slow down thew system), Sky SFX, Sky Textures etc.

Cheers

Terry Luckings

Hi Bob, I'm having a similar issue with regards to Legacy 'Looks'. Whilst I have been able to migrate them from L4 (on the second installation of L-AI) they are just in one long jumbled list. I wouldn't mind if they migrated across within the 'Collections' from L4 but a list of over 1200 looks almost makes it impossible to use, even if they did what they said. I do have a ticket out with support to see if there is any way to sort them alphabetically, but still waiting.

As to the location of these looks they are situated in the following, on a Mac;

Library>Group Containers>RTW788AXG3.com.skylum.luminarAI>Templates>Legacy

Whilst finding them in this location I'm not sure if it will help as once again they bear no resemblance to the 'Look' names being displayed in Templates>Legacy with the app . They are just listed with 36 alpha-numeric characters with a .lmt suffix. I've even tried changing the name of the folder but that doesn't work either.

We may just have to accept that anything from L3 & L4 is not compatible with L-AI.

Bob Shrader

John West -- Is this working as a location for the converted L4 Looks? I snooped around, and on my system everything here is a Cube LUT file.

Terry Luckings -- On my system, Library>Group Containers>RTW788AXG3.com.skylum.luminarAI> has no Templates folder. Instead, there only a "Library." Opening Library reveals "Application Support," "Caches" and "Preferences" folders -- all empty.

I am inclined to agree with you that the Looks from L3 & L4 are not compatible with L-AI.

Roy Blackwell

Windows 10: After studying the configuration files of a purchased Luminar AI template collection, I was able to take one of my purchased Luminar 4 Looks that was auto migrated into the Luminar AI Legacy category and get it to show up in the Purchased category with a title. Certainly not a task for an average user to take on. Hopefully Skylum can release a small utility to accomplish this task or make available a ltc file of all of our purchased Luminar 4 look collections.

John West

Hi Bob, The easiest way to find the location is to search 'legacy' in finder. Here are some screen shots, showing where I loaded my Teal & Orange lut's into Creative location so that they show when you hover over them, my user & Legacy templates. 

Bob Shrader

John West

Thanks for the screen caps examples. Very helpful. I'll experiment adding to the DefaultLUTs folder.

Bob

Please sign in to leave a comment.