Catalog issue

Answered

Comments

5 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Gil Delavous,

I'm sorry it didn't help.

Could you please try moving the folders to another location on your Mac and then trying locating them once again?
    Please, let us know if this helps.

Comment actions Permalink
    Gil Delavous

I've done that, now it found back my photos but all edits are gone. When I open a photo that I edited, the photo reverts to original and all edits are lost.

This app is "rewritten from the ground" for every new major release and the same catalog problems remains. It's a shame, there is no way we can rely on Luminar to do serious editing.

Please just give up on catalog totally or spend some energy building a strong and reliable catalog that is also compatible with the next major version, because I have like 200 photos edited on Luminar 4 that I can't retrieve on Luminar AI, this is just insane, all of your competitiors photo app don't break the catalog compatibility.

Elena Blum

Hi Gil,

Please try the following steps:
    1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.
    Sarah J L

Having the same trouble. Works intermittently only. I'm on a Mac M1.

Finn Johansen

Having a similar problem except when I right click and use the Locate Folder menu to select the folder again, Luminar AI crashes. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.