Where did the layers go?

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Mark Rosher

Echo this. I was back to Affinity today.

Comment actions Permalink
    Colin Grant

Layers were never intended to be a part of Ai. Trouble is there is no functionality to replace it so it becomes difficult.

Dave Marcus

"Layers were never intended to be a part of Ai. Trouble is there is no functionality to replace it so to becomes difficult."

WTF?   Are you kidding?  (At least now I know why I can't find them.)

Frederic Belin

No layers make this version almost useless. It’s terrible when new version of products loose major functionality like this. 

Colin Grant

But that is not really true is it?  Local Adjustments do not replicate the entire toolset and there is no way of isolation specific colours or objects accurately (no colour /luminosity range or edge aware tech). Also there are only basic and texture local adjustment panels available on Mac so where is Portrait? Can you explain how we can edit two faces in the same image - I might be missing something here?

Overall the app feels faster (but not blisteringly so) and more stable and I can get used to the workflow. It works well as a plugin and by using layers in Ps some of the missing features can be overcome. I am not convinced by the artificial intelligence - after all it just offers me a template. Auto develop in Lr or C1 gives a far better starting place.

Zdenek Rajgl

Hello Margaret, like in Luminar 4, I would like to place my logo at the bottom left. I tried Augmented Sky and Local Masking, neither possible. 1. Augmented Sky: The logo disappears behind the horizon (can only be placed in the sky). 2. Local Masking: I can't place the texture in the lower corner (it's fixed in the middle). Can you help me?  Regards Zdenek, Switzerland

EDWARD HUDGEONS

Zdenek got farther with this than I have. I too have this challenge. Now, I can take the exported TIF from AI and open it in C1-21 and there is only the problem of getting it into C1, It does not like to open one photo without it being added to some DB. I can also add a layer in Luminar 4, but it has problems accepting white PNG files. It turns the entire layer white. I will keep looking to see where this point goes. Thanks.

Margaret Bright

Hi guys,

There are indeed no layers in Luminarᴬᴵ.

We’ve added a new Local Adjustment tool that lets you solve the problems that many rely on layers for. With it, you can make specific adjustments for individual areas or people. You can overlay textures or make targeted adjustments. Local adjustments are also easier to sync with multiple photos and can be stored in a Luminarᴬᴵ Template. The Local Adjustment tool eliminates the need for complex layers, bringing results and performance without clutter.

Please sign in to leave a comment.