Comments

20 comments

Leonie Prof. L. Dreschler-Fischer

In the Luminar User Guide, I found that only the specific Luminar 4 looks can be migrated, not the Luminar 3 versions, and only the looks, that are using features that are not supported in Luminar AI, for example the "Adjustable Gradient" tool.

But none of my looks has automatically been migrated to Luminar AI, not even the preset packages with L4 in the name, for example "Dramatic Landscapes by Max Rive_V4"  or "Magical Forests by Albert Dros_V4". I have Luminar AI installed on a Mac with macOS 11 Big Sur and on a Mac with macOS 10.15.7 Catalina. And none of my own custom presets.

Comment actions Permalink
    Michael Schleider

Most of mine are Luminar 4 looks not of them have migrated

I have contacted support, but they are very busy right now. 

I just found this post by Agata Winter.  It worked for me.

Basically remove the current LuminarAI Installation with AppCleaner. Make sure, Luminar 4 is installed and working, with all looks installed. Then download LuminarAI again from the Skylum Site, and reinstall.  The second time the installation took much longer, and most of my Luminar 4 looks appeared in Legacy:

-----------------------------------

Hi Michael,

Please make sure you have these looks installed in Luminar 4 and Luminar 4 itself installed on your Mac.

Let's try reinstalling LuminarAI. If you have created your user templates or added any skies or sky objects to the app make sure to secure them somewhere else, as they will be deleted too. We recommend doing a full uninstall with AppCleaner. AppCleaner is a free app that automatically removes not only applications but also the related files, making 'clean' uninstall easy.

• Download AppCleaner from here (click this text to open the link).
    • Install AppCleaner and start it.
    • Drag LuminarAI from your Applications folder into the AppCleaner window. When removing LuminarAI, mark all the files and folders on the list.
    • Once you've uninstalled LuminarAI, restart your Mac and download a fresh version via your Skylum account.

Let us know how it works.

Jan Kat

Hi

The solution off delete Luminar AI with the AppCleaner and reinstall it again works perfect for me. Thank you very much.

Alexander Doroshev

The proposed solution does not work for me (I tried few times on MAC OS). Is there any way to download templates that correspond to looks that I had purchased before?

PS It would be great if you can simple extend Downloads section in "My Account" site menu with all purchased products. Right now it is only software but, for example, I ordered looks and ebooks before and I would like to see all my available products there. In my opinion it is much easier to implement than troubleshoot import problems.

Michael Schleider

It works but the list is not organized by folder.  They are scattered about in the Legacy tab

Alexander Doroshev

PPS And I don't have any Legacy tab in Templates panel.

At Micael Schneider: As far as I k now, it is currently not possible to organise the Legacy section of the looks in any way. They are in a flat list that cannot even be sorted (this has been mentioned yesterday in a FAQ for the release of Luminar AI). My current work-around is to mark the few presets I am using regularly as Favourites, so they are easier to find. Or we can save the ones we really need as a new look and rename it with the name of the collection as a prefix.

Alexander Doroshev

Hi Leonie Prof. D. Dreschler-Fischer ,

You are lucky, at least you have some imported looks despite they are not categorized and not sorted. In my case I have zero imported from my previous Luminar 4 looks collection.

Regards

You should at least be seeing an empty "Legacy" section. Just to be sure - have you been looking in the right place? They are not sorted among the preinstalled templates. You will see them under "My Collection", when you click the ☆ in the right sidebar while viewing the Templates tab. And the looks you recently purchased and are already in the "Luminar AI" format will appear under "Purchased", not "Legacy".

Alexander Doroshev

Leonie Prof. D. Dreschler-Fischer ,

Thank you for your tip, yes it is there with some imported looks!

PS At first look - Magical forests and Dramatic Landscapes are not there :(

Janet Welty

I had the problem of none of my legacy looks importing.  After I restalled, they would appear but as soon as I quit or started Photos they disappeared again.  I watched the folder disappear where they are stored.  Now how I solved it.  I deleted luminar ai and restarted.  Reinstalled and when it opened went to the storage on my computer called "legacy" in Library group container folder.  You have to look and to find it.  Saved a copy of the legacy folder to my desktop.  When it diappeared again, I manually put the one from my desktop into the group container folder where it should be.  I'm on Day two and it is still there.  Not sure it is a cure, but hope it gives people an idea and maybe get the problem solved by Skylum

Michael Schleider

I had discovered the same thing.  I had to totally remove the program and reinstall and then it started working.  Also one more clue.  If you create favorites it makes selection much easier for the few you want to use.  Just select the heart.

Luminar Support finally replied to my request and send me the Luminar AI template collections of the looks that I purchased last year. The looks I received are:

- Signature presets by Max Rive ( Dramatic Landscapes )

- Magical Forests by Albert Dros

- Capture your Wanderlust

- Air Miles

The looks converted as Template Collections are showing under Purchased and are grouped  and easier to recognised. And the added bonus is, that they are staying, when I restart the Mac or install a system update. All of my migrated looks vanished, after I installed a Big Sur update, so I had to migrate them again.

Janet Welty

I had big sur installed when I installed Luminar AI.  Every time I would quit the program or change from the luminar program to mac photos they would all just delete from my computer until I added them manually.  I had a ton of looks.  Currently going thru and deleting them one at a time.  Wish I would have deleted before I installed Luminar AI.

Not only that, but the looks vanish from Luminar 4 as well, not just from Luminar AI.I have to reinstall them in Luminar 4, before I can migrate them again to Luminar AI. Only the template collections will survive restarting the Mac. Plus the custom templates I am saving in Luminar AI.

What I am now trying is to migrate all Luminar 4 looks again, then applying them to a photo and saving them as a new custom template in Luminar AI, hoping that they will stay like the other templates I already created in Luminar AI.

Neil Li

Please just add the support of importing Luminar 4 user looks manually. Since I can't migrate Luminar4 catalogs, I still use Luminar 4 and make changes to my looks, I can't just uninstall and install Luminar AI every time I want to import a new Luminar 4 look.

Michael Schleider

Seems to me that you are not using this correctly.  This in not needed.  You won't have to use the Looks files again.

First Make sure you install all the Luminar looks to Luminar 4 first.  These can be the paid or free Looks.

(Suggest you save the original file for later)

Once installed.  Leave Luminar 4 open.  

If your Luminar Ai has not not migrated all the Looks into Profiles (They will be instlalled in the Legacy section of the Profile Tab). If this happens use App Cleaner and completely remove Luminar Ai.  Then reinstall it from the Skylum website. ( make sure you keep a copy of the Luminar Ai Catalog. After signing in and registering you app.  You can reload your catalog. (or if you prefer create a new one and upload all your Catalog Folders.

Your converted Looks should be automatically installed

Big B

Would it have KILLED Skylum to make the system backwards compatible, or at least some way to install and convert old version looks, similar to what Lightroom does?? So annoying. Not to mention that I just downloaded a bunch of free ones from the Skylum site, and they're ALL Luminar 4?! Thanks for the heads up! lol.

Please sign in to leave a comment.