Email / Password combination not recognised can't activate Ai (fed up!)

Answered

Comments

24 comments

Julian Plant

CUSTOMER SUPPORT ARE YOU OUT THERE?

I asked about this two days ago and the issue hasn't been resolved.

I can't use the software I paid for up front.

Please either fix or refund in a timely fashion, ignoring issues helps no-one.

Thanks.

(It's frustrating to be ignored lol)

Comment actions Permalink
    John hallgrimsson

I agree with you -   worst is there is horrible support -   seems only one person in support 

there is lots of us having this problem 

we can all login to website -  so nothing wrong with our email and password combo -    

I bet there is another server that handles the app doing activation check -    and it is down 

-  

they should post on website that this is a problem now so customers know and post when issue fixed 

seems server started working for some and they got activated -   but down again 

John hallgrimsson

True -   amazing that Adobe he just now introducing IA.   -  Portrait Pro and Portrait Body and others have been doing it for years and a small company like Skylum is ahead of the Giant - Adobe 

I don't see I will be using Luminar AI any time soon -  can't get software to activate -  and does not seem anyone is replying from Skylum -   

very unprofessional 

I have gotten lots of emails from Skylum since I bought the software -  pushing their other products -  

at the same time no reply on support forum  

Patrick Hogan

Same... Not able to see that I purchased Luminar AI in my account, so uploaded a receipt. I tried to activate after installing and it's not taking my username/password combination. Tried resetting password (multiple times) and never receive an email to reset. (Yes, I've checked junk/spam/trash). Very frustrated!

Julian Plant

Wait, are you saying a NEW account needs to be created separately and specifically for Ai?

There are two options at the Ai log in, I have been entering my existing Skylum login email address and password then pressing 'Sign In' and assumed I was already 'Registered'? Please can you clarify? 

I have an account with Skylum that shows the SEVEN products I have purchased from you over the years, each of which has five 'seats' rather than the single one that comes with Ai.

I log in to Skylum using my email address and the latest password (that I have managed to change several times in the past couple of days by pressing the password 'Forgot?' button on Ai login).

Btw I cannot change my password within the Skylum site but have to use the external 'reset password' from the Ai log in. The Skylum site won't recognise my current password within my profile page although I am logged in to it.

Hope you are following this, it's why I get a bit frustrated, nothing personal :)

I tried logging in with all of the Socials you mention, all rejected as 'name/password mismatch' same as Skylum email/password combination.

I have deleted, cleaned, downloaded and re-installed three times. I have downloaded and installed the dmg file separately from the alternative link provided.

My password etc. are updated and saved in Keychain and I double checked everything there. Nothing has worked, I cannot use the software.

Hope this helps and we look forward to receiving your kind solution by return.

Julian Plant

Yes John, I forgot to mention that logging on to the site is ok - very good point!

This is all very unprofessional and frustrating, I understand why people can't wait until Adobe switch on all their new inbuilt beta Ai modules.

Mark Nowicki

I cant even find my preordered Ai ... wasting a lot of time here ... 

Mark Nowicki

I got it into iPhotos some how but only trial.. have no idea what my activations key is... at least I can play for a few more days

Julian Plant

I have requested a refund, not willing to pay for something that doesn't work or to fund live testing. There are now good alternatives (and some actually have sky replacement as advertised). I know, it's the interweb etc. but it's their job and they are paid to do it. Not a happy customer :)  some degree of contact would have helped here, deafening silence not so much.

Julian Plant

Hello Austin, password reset as requested.

No change, combination still not recognised at Ai login so cannot proceed.

Please advise. It doesn't work.

Austin Miller

Hello Julian. Could you please also specify what method have you used while creating the account? Have you created it with your email address, Facebook, Google, or Apple?

Mark Nowicki

I got it into iPhoto some how.. and only can use the trial.. I bought it again thinking it some how didn't get my order the first time   and now still cant get a verification code.. guess I have 2 trials now... (Didn't remember it was MindSpring and not Skylum so that is why I have a second ...sigh... )

Darius Cole

I hope that someone sees this and can help me. I've run into this problem and this is after I couldn't type in any of the boxes

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Darius!
    Please confirm that I understood you correctly, you are trying to activate Luminar AI? As far as I can see, you created your Skylum account with your linked Google account, which means that in this activation window, you need to click on the Google button, please see the screenshot: https://prnt.sc/26e9c70.

Darius Cole

I've tried that and the message I get is. This browser or app may not be secure. I've tried changing my password too

Anastasiia Moore

Hi Darius!

Please clarify whether you tried the following:

1. In the Finder, locate the app you want to open. Don’t use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu.
    2. Control-click the app icon (hold Control and click with left mouse button), then choose Open from the shortcut menu > Click Open.
    3. The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it just as you can any registered app.

Note: You can also grant an exception for a blocked app by clicking the “Open Anyway” button in the General pane of Security & Privacy preferences. This button is available for about an hour after you try to open the app.

Please let me know how it works for you.

Juhana Nieminen

Hi there, 

looks like I have the same problem as Darius. However, I'm using a Win10 system. The google login shows up with an error message. Pls. see image. The same error comes with actvation attempts of Luminar AI and Neo.

Do you have any suggestions?

Best regards,

J

Juhana Nieminen

Now it works,

Looks like manually resetting the password (for Skylum login) does the trick. Remember to logout from the website completely, otherwise the "reset password link" does seem to work as one might think.

The Google-login works fine for the website, but not in the software.

The manually assigned password allows to login from the software.

-J

Kate Williams

Hi Juhana,

Glad to hear you've found the workaround. 

As far as the error with the Google log-in is concerned, it's a known issue that we expect to address in the upcoming updates. Meanwhile, if you'd like to keep logging in with Google, you can try turning on Google's 2-step authentication https://www.google.com/landing/2step/   for your account with them. If you have it turned on, please try disabling and re-enabling it. 

Mark Nowicki

If we already paid for NEO when first available to do so months ago can we get this early edition? 

Kate Williams

Hi Mark,

Sure. All purchasers of Luminar Neo can download the Early Access version before the official release. 

Please find the instructions on how to get it below:
    https://media.macphun.com/uploads/uploads/LuminarNeo_EarlyAccess_Instructions/EN_LuminarNeo_EarlyAccess_Insrtuctions.pdf

Moreover, please make sure to check this blog post out to find out what's included and what's missing in the Early Access version: https://skylum.com/blog/luminar-neo-early-access

If the software isn't listed in your account, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at https://skylum.com/support 
    Kindly make sure to attach your purchase receipt to the support request. 

Chamber Firm

Fix this asap please... I tried to activate with the email and password I used to purchase the software as instructed.

Elena O'Brien

Hi Chamber Firm,

Please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support and we'll get that sorted out for you ASAP.

Austin Miller

Hello all. We are doing our best to reply to each and every inquiry as soon as possible. Would you be so kind as to reset the password for your account and then try to log in in the Luminar AI window?

Please sign in to leave a comment.