Luminar AI Crashing - Does it send data to Skylum

Answered

Comments

4 comments

• Official comment
    Helga Rowles

Hi Andy!

If anonymous data collection is turned on, the data should be sent to us.
    However, we cannot see on our end which steps in the software led to the crash.
    Could you please send us a video recording of your steps so we can recreate the issue on our end?

You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording.
    Please upload the file that you're working with too.

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at skylum.com/support.

Thank you in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    Andrew Webb

Hi. I'll have a go at that. Though what I'm doing is editing a Canon 70D CR2 file by exporting with adjustments into Luminar AI. I can generally get AI to crash if I flick relatively quickly between different templates. If I don't try and make it crash then it's a bit touch and go if it's going to work.

Andy

Andrew Webb

Oddly, Monosnap and Luminar AI both crash at the same time so I can't easily record the error. In this case I was just opening a JPG file and adjusting the settings on a sky replacement. No other programs running other than MonoSnap.

Andrew Webb

Good news, it's been stable for a couple of weeks now.

I used Display Driver Uninstaller to remove all drivers from all manufacturers as I previously had a built in ATI GPU. I installed the latest NVIDIA drivers and now Luminar AI seems to run reliably and hasn't crashed during editing or export.

Please sign in to leave a comment.