Luminar AI fails to login

Answered

Comments

19 comments

Patrick Manley

I'm getting the same thing and I'm thinking its for that same reason too

Comment actions Permalink
    Robert Cross

Exact same problem here.  Will not allow me to sign in in any way:  Facebook, email and password, forgot password for a reset. All give the same message you indicate here.

Henry Balen

It succeeded now. Either they fixed the server issue or the load has gone down.

Robert Cross

Same here.  It works now.  Just takes 40 seconds to launch (way longer than PS, LR, or any of the Topaz apps on my Mac).  Also, no water reflections feature despite this as the key selling point promised upon release.  It was the main reason I even considered the software. 😒

Marco N

I still have the problem with "network error". I wrote an email to Skylum support many hours ago. Until now there was no answer.

I was really looking forward to Luminar. This is quite frustrating...

Tommy Toussaint

Same problem here :/

John hallgrimsson

same here -   hate when they can't get their login server up -       and they post nothing.   

they should know by now that there are lots of folks that can't use the software because of their login server/s 

but their payment taking servers work fine -    and now over 1 hour and no reply or comment -  they are probably all gone home for the day 

they have spent lots of money and effort in advertising this software but can't get their software login server to stay up 

I also had problems --- or they had issue when I bought Luminar 3 and 4.  

Saif Shah

This is Indeed Frustrating.

I have 2 activations. I tried on my laptop and it was activated right away. Where as trying on my PC for a while and still tells me to check connection -_-

Tommy Toussaint

I find a way ! Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and renaming the hosts file to hosts2. That did the job for me ! Good Luck !

Marco N

I´m working on a Mac....

My frustration is greater than the joy of Luminar. Why do I as a customer have to solve the problems?

I want my money back!!!

Tommy Toussaint

Ohh, that's bad :/. I understand you.

Alfredo Martínez

I have exactly the same problem. Any solution please...

Austin Miller

Hello all!

Please ensure that your antivirus or firewall isn't blocking outgoing connections.

If the issue persists, try an alternative Internet connection if possible - there may be a setting on your network that blocks outgoing connections.

If you still get the same error:

1. Open Finder.
    2. Click Go in the top menu > click Go to Folder.
    3. Paste the following path: /etc and click Go.
    4. In the folder that opens find the file named hosts and send it to support@skylum.com

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/002448d84b244728adf6b861e9aa0af3  

Rosemary Armel

login problem   so frustrating not working for hours

Elena O'Brien

Hi Rosemary Armel,

Have you tried the steps above described by my colleague?

Rosemary Armel

This app cost a lot more money than others and shouldn't have all these issues. I am requesting a refund. 

Elena O'Brien

Hi Rosemary Armel,

Please reach out to our support team at http://skylum.com/support and we will be happy to help you.

I have just used Tommy Toussaint's solution above and I got straight in after previously having loads of failures with the message. He said "Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and renaming the hosts file to hosts2." No idea why this works but it does

JORGE VILLEGAS

I have also used Tommy Toussaint's solution above and I got straight in with "Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and renaming the hosts file to hosts2." 

Please sign in to leave a comment.