Local masking issue

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Austin Miller

Hello Peter. These local masking options are not being under improvement. We are sorry for the caused inconvenience.

Comment actions Permalink
    Peter Borromeo

In a Youtube video from Anthony Morganti (Mr. Photographer), he used a beta version of Luminar AI and those options were available in the pull down menu.  Why have they not been incorporated in the release version?  This makes the possibility of multiple adjustments to the photo not as easy as he showed.  maybe you should check out the video and then explain why this option is gone.

Luminar AI LOCAL MASKING - YouTube

Go to the middle where he changes multiple face and eye colors using local masking.  Seems simple to me!

Andreas Krawietz

Helle.
    In the beta phase, there were still skin, face, and details under local masks, why not in the release? I need this to customise two faces.

ibon zabala

Hi Austin. I don't understand what "... are not being under improvement" means. Is this disappearance temporary or permanent?

Peter Borromeo

I concur.  What the hell does that mean?  Not going to re-install it when we already saw it work in beta?  Doesn't make sense.  I understand that the sky reflection tool is going to be held back until next year as a "free upgrade"!  That is just the business model.  Why give everything up front and then that leaves no perceived "improvements" to release at a later date.  Maybe the same was supposed to be true for the Skin AI, Face AI and Texture AI issues previously mentioned.  I get it.  But to say "are not being under improvement" makes no sense to me.  We saw it; it worked.  What happened?  It's a simple tool but appeared to work. Right now, if I wanna change eyes on multiple subjects in a photo, I have to save one fix, quit Luminar AI then reopen it and do the second change.....and so on, etc.  In the past, customer support was rather good.  Resolved any issues I had reasonably quickly.  Helena and Alina were quite tuned in to my problems.  What's going on?  I'm sure you're swamped with all the complaints on a new launch, but.....

Helga Rowles

Hi Peter,
    Skin AI, Face AI and Details AI were removed from the release version since they required further testing and improvement. We hope to implement them in one of the future upgrades.

B Czarnik

And can each local mask's name be edited, to explain what it is about?

Federico Lazzari

Skylum is a disaster. 

in 2018 I bought the first version as they promised to be "the Aperture heritage and Lightroom contender". But they took a few versions to even develop a very basic DAM. 

Now the DAM is gone.

They also reduced the editing capacity to a few "catchy" intelligent features, but dropping any possibility to apply edits locally, not to talk in layers- There is no Brushing capability in most of tools. The "local masking" only has very basic list of about 10 exposure and light modifiers- 

Nothing professional. Photos for Mac is a better tool by now. Will you keep reverting until MS DOS on a green rays monitor perhaps?

Simon Hertle

Hi,

I want to use a local mask but when I click on add and choose the basic or the texture mask nothing happens although the software seems to load something.

How can I fix this issue?

Tania Taylor

Hi Simon Hertle!

Please note that the Masking functionality will be fully implemented in Version 1.1.0. We hope for your understanding in this matter in regard to the current situation in Ukraine.

Please sign in to leave a comment.