AI installation - error on Mac

Pinned Answered

Comments

35 comments

Cren Pritchett

The download seemed to go well, but I am unable to complete the installation and activate.  The only thing I know to do is hope it is corrected soon.  Not sure how long I should wait.  Very little communication.  I used the link provided above.

Comment actions Permalink
    Brian Fox

I’m still awaiting additional support from Skylum. I attempted the reinstall process that Skylum support emailed to me last week, but with the same results- Luminar AI will not install the program to my MacPro. I’ve provided screen shots of each step in the process as well as all of the details on my Mac and software versions. I’m hoping to hear back from them this week. I know th as t they are having huge issues, but it’s very frustrating not to be able to run the product. They had a launch window months in advance from the start of orders and as a consumer, I would expect a quality company to meet those expectations and have a quality communication process and resolution for those needing support.

Brian Fox

Resolved!!!

Here is what I believe was the issue and my response to Skylum:

OK!! Finally got Lum AI to Install and Function. I followed your process as per below, but found that the freemacsoft would not install either. I just skipped that and continued with your instructions. Still no luck. I have been dealing with the HP printer problem of messages saying that “these files will damage your computer”. I would just grab the message, drag it over to the4 side of my screen where it was basically be out of sight except for a small edge of the message. I would click to close, but more messages would continue to pop up and it was very frustrating, so that’s when I said to hell with Apples arguments with HP, and, chose to just drag the message out of the way on my screen.

Finally, it dawned on me that this could be a problem of not allowing a new app install. I deleted about 20 files that were the warning messages that kept popping up every time I booted up, and, finally the messages went away. Next click on Lum AI and, surprise, it opened and was functional. I’m sure that the HP/Apple conflict files were the cause of my LUM AI inability to install, not a LUM AI issue. For that, I apologize for all of your efforts to help witty an issue that wasn’t your fault.

Hopefully, this may help others, as it could be part of the same that they are having with the install of this program.

Thanks for your help, issue resolved!!!
    Jeffrey Robinson

Luminar AI installs on new Apple Silicon M1 macs, and it worked the first go-around.  But upon restarting, it crashed, and has failed to work since.  I have repeatedly requested help with this, but no humans have responded.  Will you address this soon????

Joe Murphy

Seeing same issue as many others here, 

LuminarAI can’t sign in to your Skylum account at the moment. Check your internet connection and try again. Contact support at skylum.com/support if you need help.

No issues collecting the payment though!

Please sign in to leave a comment.