Batch processing?

Pinned Answered

Comments

13 comments

• Official comment
    Alina Skylum

Hi there, 

If you'd like to process a batch of photos with the same settings, you can sync adjustments between them. 

Syncing is a global command and takes all of the adjustments from one photo and applies them to one or more selected images. Doing that is easy, you can check this guide out: https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/syncing-adjustments You will be able to export several images by multi-selecting them > right-clicking one of them > choosing Export.

Currently, we're not planning to migrate the batch processing tool from Luminar 4 to Luminar AI. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Ron Lee

I looked at the answer. It's too complex a process for something that was easy in Luminar 4

Barry Kwok

batch processing is a very useful feature in Luminar 4, it can process lots of images without adding them into catalog

Richard Harrington

Actually, it's easier than Luminar 4.

Just select multiple photos

Right-click and choose Export

Mike Young

this is dumb, that was basically all I used L4 for, not sure why I got AI.

Mike Young

If I want to adjust the eyes on 500 photos, how is that easier?

Mark Samblanet

I have been playing around with batch processing and struggling with the best way.  I found three methods:

1. Templates... I can create a template, but a template will not transfer the optics setting and a few other items.  Since I want to batch edit raw images, I would like to retain these settings.

2. Sync Adjustments... Works well, but, again, does not bring over all the edits.

3. Copy and Past Adjustments... Seems to work best for me.  I made the adjustments on one of the photos in the series and copied to the remainder.  It seems to bring over all the optics setting.  I still need to test it with the composition setting, but am hoping it will work.  

If anyone has any better ideas, I would like to hear them.

Mike Young

I did the same today, #3, was not that much harder than the old batch process I suppose.  It took a few minutes to load 150 images but the process time to paste all the settings was less time than L4.

Still seems like a weird feature to get rid of.  Batching huge amounts of pictures with just minor edits was the selling point for me originally, feels less like magic having to open/copy/paste/export.

Chris McCarthy

I agree with the comment above it certainly does seem like a strange feature to get rid of. Please add batch processing back! It was a great feature. So far I find this product to be a step backwards from an efficiency stand point and time is money. 

As a community of users how do we have a say in feature priorities? To me the lack of batch processing us a huge product miss that needs to be addressed. 

Peter (PMBVW)

I also miss the batch process or/and the integrated "Naming feature" (Prefix, Base, Suffix, Letters) for the export!

LEAH BOLER

Oh that's just great.  I had no idea the Luminar4 batch processing would not work in the newer LuminarAI product!  That makes no sense.

Peter (PMBVW)

Like Chris McCarthy said:
    "I agree with the comment above it certainly does seem like a strange feature to get rid of.
    Please add batch processing back! It was a great feature.
    So far I find this product to be a step backwards from an efficiency stand point and time is money. !!!!!!!! "

My addition:
    In L4 it was possible to batch process a lot of pics without importing it first in the catalog. A great time saving
    In L4 it was possible to rename the resulting picture (for me suffix _LUM) and put the result without overriding in the same folder.    Another great time saver.

So I have to work further with L4 for 95 percent of my pics and only for a few single pics it was better to work with Luminar AI.

Kate Williams

Hi, 

You're right - while copying/pasting adjustments allows applying edits to several photos easily, exporting multiple images from the Catalog doesn't let one batch-rename images by adding a specific suffix to them. 

I'll make sure to share your feedback with our team so they could review it when discussing plans for future releases. However, it's unlikely that this feature will be brought back in the next updates of Luminar AI specifically.
    Thus, if the ability to batch-rename photos on export is crucial for your workflow and you feel like this prevents you from enjoying the creative offerings of Luminar AI to the fullest, please contact us at https://skylum.com/support so we could arrange a refund for your Luminar AI purchase (as long as it's within a 30-day money-back period). 

Please sign in to leave a comment.