I originally posted the following as a question, then found the solution listed below. Rather than delete the post, I thought it might help others to solve this issue.
Luminar AI is installed and working just fine as a standalone or plugin with Affinity. But it doesn't want to work as a plugin in Capture One 20. I can select it in preferences-plugins, and it shows up in the plugin list when I attempt to "edit with..." (although the icon is missing), but when I select it Luminar doesn't open. I previously had the same problem getting Luminar 4 to work; icon was also missing and it wouldn't open. But I'm not sure what I did to get it to work and the info I saved doesn't seem to work with Luminar AI.
Does anyone know how to fix this or have any suggestions? Thanks,
Here's the solution I found that works:
1) First find a TIF file (or any format that you want to open from C1) in Windows Explorer that you can edit with Luminar AI.
2) Right click the file and select 'Open With'
3) Select 'Choose Another App'
4) Scroll to the bottom of the list, select 'More Apps'
5) Scroll to the bottom of the list, select 'Look for another app on this PC'
6) A browse window will open, navigate to C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar AI\Luminar AI.exe, then select 'Open'.
7) After Luminar opens, you can just close Luminar. I don't think it actually opened the file, I got the "Welcome" screen instead. But it didn't matter, the important part was getting Windows to associate the file type with Luminar AI.
8) Now the next time you open up Capture One, Luminar AI should appear in the "edit with" and "open with" lists. If it doesn't, go back to preferences-plugins and select Luminar AI. Incidentally, the icon should now appear.
The likely cause of this is that Luminar isn't associated as an image editing application, therefore Capture One did not know how to process the image.
Please sign in to leave a comment.