Scrolling Templates offered for "For This Photo"....

Answered

Comments

11 comments

Graeme Oswin

I can confirm the same on my 2 iMacs - no visible scroll bar for horizontal selection of templates. First running 10.14.6 (Mojave) and second running 10.15.7 (Catalina).

However, I did find that if you mouse select in the area where apparently a scroll bar 'might' be I can scroll the templates horizontally.  Not very good design or maybe just a bug in the Mac version of Luminar Ai.

Comment actions Permalink
    Brian Panek

Thanks....I guess as well!

Steve Kruger

I have been simply using the key pad on the MBP to drag the template selections either across or down using a two finger action. To be honest I hadn't even noticed there wasn't a scroll bar, so it doesn't really worry me.

However I am finding the presentation and organisation of the templates a little less easy to use..seem to spend a bit more time finding the right template. Not an insurmountable problem tho.

Richard Harrington

Hi, it's there but hard to see.

• You can use a trackpad or touch
    • Hold the shift key and scroll wheel
    • Grab right below thumbnails in For This Photo and scrub
    Brian Panek

Yes! Finally!  Holding the Shift Key while scrolling works!  Thank You....Thank You....Thank You....!

Howard Lebowitz

Richard Harrington I hope this if fixed in the next maintence update.

Rich Rumppe

I also cannot scroll within the Templates (Home Page) UP or down or left  and right. 

The shift key doesn't help me. there should be obvious scroll bars. In the mean time I can't use the program as marketed

Thanks for any help on this..

Brad Slama

I'm using - well not really - Luminar AI 1.5.0.  I have the same scrolling issue with trying to use Legacy Templates on my iMac using Mojave 10.14.6.  I actually have to grab the bottom right corner of the app window to enlarge it. As I do so, the narrow vertical scroll bar appears but... once I let go of it and start to move my cursor anywhere near that bar... it disappears. I've opened and closed the app repeatedly to no avail. No amount of shift key holding - at any point in the process - makes it work. Sheesh.

Rich Rumppe

I havn't yet loaded  Luminar AI update 5, maybe they have fixed this. I think I still have the issue, unless I use an Apple mouse. My normal Kensington roller ball dosent work with the scroll bars It's a pain switching between mice.

Brad Slama

Rich... too bad that you have to switch anything actually. My Wacom tablet worked fine with Luminar AI until I updated to 1.5.0. I got a reply back from Skylum support to record my screen.  We'll see what happens. My only concern is that it will take 6 months to get a fix for this as it did when Mojave users waited for the update that improved launch times.

Brad Slama

Skylum Support got back to me with this suggestion. "Please try disconnecting Wacom Intuos S and see if the issue remains."  So, I disconnected my Wacom tablet and turned on my dust covered bluetooth mouse. The scroll bar issue resolved itself but... I don't use a mouse. In fact, I only use a mouse if I'm sleuthing a problem on my iMac similar to what I just did with Skylum's Support directive.  If I were to succumb to this workaround, Luminar AI would be THE ONLY app that i use that would require me to use a mouse for it to operate as it did prior to the 1.5.0 update. For me, this workaround is not an option. And, yes, I had updated to the latest Wacom driver prior to complaining about it. The only consolation is that Luminar AI only cost me $59.00 yet, with these reoccurring issues, I'm finding it difficult at this point to even want to launch it.

Please sign in to leave a comment.