Luminar AI quits after saying "Updating Image catalog..." (with only 2 photos edited)

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Lev,

That shouldn't happen.  However, if you do encounter this issue again, please reach us at https://skylum.com/support and provide the following details: 

1. Where are your images located? (internal, external drive) 

2. How many of them have you added to your Library? Please send us the screenshot of your Catalog file structure: http://prntscr.com/w6jymc 

3. A detailed step-by-step description of all the steps you did in the software prior to encountering the issue. 

Our  team will do their best to investigate what exactly caused this issue on your end. 

Comment actions Permalink
    James Gordon Patterson

Same thing happens to me.  It searches until it crashes... this is with Luminar AI as a stand alone.  I use Luminar ai primarily as a plugin to Lightroom but every once and awhile I want to do an edit on a photo and have Luminar ai act as a stand alone.   What I'd like is for it to stop trying to update the catalog.  I tried deleting and then reinstalling and the problem persists.  By the way, Luminar ai isn't my main editing program; Lightroom is.   I don't need any catalog for Luminar ai.

Jim Patterson

cogent@cox.net  

Kirk Osborn

Let's try the following solutions:

1. Make sure Luminarᴬᴵ is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar AI Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar AI Catalog folder as well as Luminar AI Catalog.luminarai file inside this folder. Choose any name you like. 
    4. Start Luminarᴬᴵ. Click File > Catalog > Open > navigate inside the folder you renamed in Step 3 > double-click Luminar AI Catalog.luminarai file you've renamed in Step 2.

If the 4 steps above don't help:

1. Make sure Luminarᴬᴵ is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar AI Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar AI Catalog folder as well as Luminar AI Catalog.luminarai file inside this folder. Choose any name you like.
    4. Open Finder.
    5. Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
    6. Launch Terminal.
    7. Paste the following string into the Terminal window: defaults delete com.skylum.luminarai
    8. Press Enter on your keyboard.
    9. Close Terminal.
    10. Launch Luminarᴬᴵ. Go through the initial setup. Leave the location of the catalog at the default (in Pictures folder). 

Please let us know how it goes.

This is BS. I just bought this TODAY.... I have tried doing as instructed 5 separate times.  Not working....... I even moved the catalog to an entirely new location to no avail.  Either tell me how to fix this or get me a refund.

Never mind.  I fixed it.  I had to copy the catalog to an external drive.  DELETE IT FROM ITS ORIGINAL LOCATION.  The program finally stopped following it.  Told it to make a new catalog.  Then copied it back to the pictures folder and told the program to open it.  

It's still BS and I really hope this gets fixed soon!!!

Please sign in to leave a comment.