Luminar AI will not edit photos images have triangle with exclamation point inside

Answered

Comments

24 comments

• Official comment
    Helga Rowles

Hi guys,

In the Big Sur macOS, Apple has introduced some security-related changes, that’s why you may need to reconnect the folders manually.
    Here's how:
    1. Go to the Library tab;
    2. Right-click the missing folder;
    3. Choose Locate Folder from the drop-down menu: https://prnt.sc/syjwtz;
    4. Find and point to the missing folder.
    Note that this feature is available only for the root (parent) folders. This video tutorial will guide you: https://www.loom.com/share/818b7c3fac91444a9c28426ff38c82ae (e

Comment actions Permalink
    Fred van Weverwijk

I have the same issue

Chris Luget

Same issue too.  On opening AI all pics have the triangle showing and the Lumina AI logo at top left is scrolling.  Any advice please?

John Rickard

I have same issue also

Even effecting Luminar 4 as well

When photo loads on launch it doesn't load completely

Can access templates and move them around but are not applied to photo when clicked

Edit doesn't open and cannot edit photo

Is is something to do with authentication?

John Paterson

Did this happen right after updating to Big Sur 11.1?

If so, this is the support response in another thread. Lots more on this subject in the forum.

If you see warning triangles on photos, please try to click on the missing folder and choose the 'Locate Folder' option (see attached screenshot): http://prntscr.com/msbipx

After that, please specify the location of this folder in Finder. All your edits should reappear.

Fred van Weverwijk

Hello John - I'm not sure if there's a relationship with the Big Sur 11.1 update, but if there is, Skylum should coordinate with Apple to get this fixed. However, the trick to use the "locate folder" didn't work for me, as Luminar wouldn't react at all, no 'Locate Folder' pop-up. I figured the catalog got corrupted (for whatever reason), and I ended up to have completely delete it and make a new one. The same applied to Luminar 4, by the way - same issue, same resolution.

Note: as I normally use Luminar as a plug-in for Lightroom, the "damage" to my pictures was limited by removing those old catalogs. However, I'm not a happy customer.

John Paterson

That is too bad! I know that this is a v1 release, but AI is certainly getting a lot of anger/frustrations/negative reviews/refund requests.

They can't even bother pinning their suggested fix here. 

I've put in my refund request and will maybe look at again in a year.

Aleksandr Vaysberg

I have the same problem and I don't see Library tab in my Luminar AI. I have Mac with Big Sur 11.1 and I see white triangles. I tried to left/right clicks, Control+Right Click, Option+Right click, Command+Right Click on folders with triangles. Nothing happened. Where did you find Library tab that on your screen shots? Here is what I see when I start my Luminar AI. The fix they suggested is not for Luminar AI but for Luminar 4.3.1. Just in case Luminar 4.3.1 on my Mac works perfect.

Martti O Suomivuori

Right-click does nothing. 
    Luminar AI not opening as a plug-in in LR.
    This is unexpected.
    I get to edit the pictures in "show all pictures" mode if I am patient.

Victoria Grace

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear it still doesn't work for you. Please, try to create a new catalog via File > Catalog > New. It should work then.

Speaking of the LR plugin, please, try to update your LuminarAI plugins this way:

1. Close Lightroom
    2. Launch LuminarAI .
    3. In the top menu click LuminarAI > File > Install Plugins.
    4. Click Uninstall next to LR.
    5. Reboot your Mac and launch LuminarAI .
    6. Click LuminarAI > File > Install Plugins.
    7. Click Install next to LR/PS.

You may be prompted to enter your user password at some point, please do so.

Then, could you please try to access LuminarAI from Adobe Lightroom this way?

• Right-click on the image > Export >  LuminarAI > You have an option to Open Source Files or, if you've made any changes in Lightroom that you'd like to transfer over to LuminarAI, you can also choose Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

After applying adjustments in LuminarAI your photo should appear in Lightroom's Catalog > All Photographs. 

Hope it helps!

This trick works for me but now I lost all my edits!!!

Images are there but without Luminar correction!!!

Hours of work thrown away. Thank you.

Elena O'Brien

Hi,

So sorry to hear that you lost your edits. Let's try to restore them.

On Windows: 

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Navigate to where your catalog is stored.
    3. Locate the Backups folder in the catalog and open it.
    4. In the Backups folder, select a file that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and move it to the Luminar Catalog folder.
    5. Rename the file you just copied by adding the following after the file name (omit quotes): '.luminar'.
    6. Start Luminar.
    7. Click File > Catalog > Open > point Luminar to the file from Step 5.

On MacOS:

1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.
    Martti O Suomivuori

I did what you told me and things work as they should.
    Creating a new catalog got rid of the triangles but edits got cleared also which is not a surprise.
    Only the ones exported survived the massacre as expected.
    Clean installing LR helped to get rid of the crashes.
    If that's it, I am fine. Considering we have a new OS and a recent SW, I think we should not complain too much. Seen worse in Adobeland.

Volker Gust

Also in my case hours of work are gone. Skylum how can you be so incompetent year after year?!!!! -.-

don't you guys learn from your mistakes?! How does Lightroom not have this issue but you do? A company like you actually deserves to declare bankruptcy some day. 

Elena O'Brien

Hi Volker Gust,

I am so sorry to hear that your edits are lost!

Did you try the steps above to restore them from Backup?

Volker Gust

Of course it did not work. Nothing you can do about it.

Anastasia Davis

Volker Gust We would appreciate it if you reach our support team so we could investigate the issue further:

https://skylum.com/support

Mark Weber

The issue with corrupt catalog keeps coming back (warning iicons) no matter how many times I reconnect the folders. Have the latest version of Big Sur and luminar AI. Contacted support multiple times, their solution always the same, create new catalog, reconnect folders, of course all edits are gone. Giving up on Luminar AI. Not ready for prime time

Black Eyes

Hi Mark,

I had also this issue. I got the the below tip and it worked for me.

- Rename the folder where are your pictures: example "MyPictures" to "Pictures"

- Start Luminar AI. Now it should find your folder.

If you want to have the old name, just stop Luminar AI, then put the previous name.

Good luck, Blackeyes

Kevin Johnson

We all want to love Skylum, at least I know I want to, but they make is so damn hard. The AI promotion was brilliant, but I wish that money had been developed to work on creating a stand alone library system. 

I use Luminar AI as an extension of Photos, so Photos is my DAM. Luminar's cataloguing abilities are pathetic. I do have the "triangle exclamation point of death." Fortunately, I have very few photos in the Luminar catalogue.

I guess I don't understand Skylum's game plan here. Rather than creating a solution, we're given instructions that are inadequate, and why would we repair a catalogue situation that may occur again tomorrow?

I had a friend looking to leave Lightroom and asked my opinion about Luminar. I wish I could give a dining endorsement, but experience prevents that. As an extension, sure. Stand alone - It's very much not ready for that. 

Michael Vogt

I'm also having this problem. I'm amazed that you can so easily lose your edits and library from commercial software like this. 

Mark Weber

Michael Vogt

Zoltan Veress claims that Luminar AI 2.0 fixes this problem but as far as I see there is no Luminar AI 2.0  

Zoltan Veress

I'm not claiming anything, simple shared my latest experience. I had the triangles, with exclamation marks. In Canada (amongst other countries) Luminar had a soft launch on the 2.0 update (apparently everyone will get in throughout March). I updated my Luminar, had still the triangles after the update. The next day there was a MacOs update installed, then after the restart all folders were OK, no more triangles. How did that happen, I don't know. But it did.

Tobias Fauth

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Updated to Big Sur yesterday after Luminar AI 2.0 had been released. All my photos have the triangle with the exclamation mark but I have no missing folders. How can that be? I have no chance to locate a folder. 

The hint with the back-up didn't change anything.

I don't have many photos in my library yet but don't want to loose my edits by creating a new catalog. 

Is there anything I can do? I'm using AI for a few weeks only and was happy about the way to use but I can't understand why this problem can't be solved within 3 or 4 months...

Please sign in to leave a comment.