Cache location

Answered

Comments

8 comments

mark thomas

Not sure what you mean. As far as I'm aware the cache resides in the Luminar AI catalog. If you create a new catalog from the file menu, you can put it wherever you like including another drive.

Comment actions Permalink
    Alina Skylum

Hi Anthony,

It looks like you have your catalog folder stored within your Pictures folder. It would explain the issue with duplicates in your library.

Please, remove your catalog folder from LuminarAI library and check how it works then.

If it doesn't help, please, attach a screenshot of your library structure so that we could better assist you.

Mark Haskell-Cooper

Anthony is correct - my windows 10 setup along with one drive is exactly the same. My catalog files for both luminar 4 and Ai are both stored in one drive - I did not choose this option. I think this may be something to do with the way Microsoft has changed one drive behaviour. I am however mystified why one drive insists on being the storage location for pictures on your pc. This need more looking in to by the experts?

Mark

Anthony Floyd

Hi Alina Skylum,

Thanks. In trying to figure out what to do about the cache files, I overlooked the obvious. I've set my catalog to a different location and this resolved the problem.

Thanks!
    Anthony.

Mark Haskell-Cooper

Hi Anthony - how did you move it please - I need to do the same.

Mark

Anthony Floyd

Hey Mark Haskell-Cooper,

I didn't move it so much as created a new catalog (click the "LuminarAI" logo on the top-left to open the menus, select "File", "Catalog", "New"). The cache is associated with the catalog, so I picked somewhere other than in the OneDrive folder. I didn't bother moving things from my "old" catalog (how?) as it didn't have very many photos in it, instead choosing to add them again to the new catalog. Presumably the old catalog can be deleted from the Pictures folder now, which will nuke the cache there.

Anthony.

Mark Haskell-Cooper

Thanks Anthony - but I do wonder whether one drive will re create the folder if we delete it? Should no have gone there in the first place. I will re create my cache folder and then try to delete the old one and see what happens. Not sure even if one drive will allow me/us to delete the folder cache? Could do with some input from the boffins here on this issue.

Mark

Mark Haskell-Cooper

Update:

I have re created my cache file - now need to get my photos back in to Ai. I was also able to delete the cache file that was stored in one drive so all now ok, as far as it goes.

Mark

Please sign in to leave a comment.