Answered

Comments

21 comments

Stefan Hebestreit

Hey Stephen,

I have the same problem. One (the actual one), you can access

on the main page:

https://skylum.com/de/account/membership 

Fun fact: it offers 10 looks, but only 9 are inside. 

The 2 other which are named "included" seem to be only available if we buy them.

I would think these 2 were the "monthly bonus" the months before you and me became

X-Member... so the advertising is wrong and I am mad, because i just saw it and decided to

go on X-Membership when already 3 looks are usable for me.

Comment actions Permalink
    Richard Harrington

Hi guys.. stuff roles out monthly

I joined when first announced. This is month 4 view.

Stefan Hebestreit

Hi Richard,

So the Advertising is wrong. You only get the new ones if you do the X-Membership.

Actually it is declared as included in the X-Membership. So you sign and pay the X-Membership and can download all 3 looks.

It is not said only new ones will be included.

Roy Blackwell

Stefan Hebestreit, when you join X-Membership is it for 12 months, then it either it auto renews or you cancel. I joined September 12 and so have the same assets available to me as Harrington. If someone joins in December for 12 months, they do not get the previous three months and also the next twelve months for the price of a 12 month subscription. That would not make sense and would not be fair to me and others who joined three months ago. Everyone gets assets monthly for a period of 12 months. Skylum probably could better explain it but how else would it work?

Stefan Hebestreit

That is what I wrote...

And the advertising is stays wrong.
    If a non X-Membership user checks the Looks, he is told that he will get these 3 looks if he decides to become a X-Member. But he gains only that 1 look which is active in the month he joined the X-Membership community.

misleading advertising because of wrong description.

example: was included in the x-membership in september, is included in the x-membership in december...

Stephen Campbell

Thanks Roy. I got it and I found this month's assets. What you say makes sense. You get 12 month's worth of goodies beginning when you join.
    Unzipped the file found the .ltc file. In AI I added the Luminar AI Template Collection, clicked on that, clicked on the ltc.file y nada. Could not locate the new template collection. Quit AI and went looking for it again and could not find either.

What am I missing?

Stefan Hebestreit

On the right sight you can see a star Symbol, there you will find the installed look.

Stephen Campbell

Stefan,
    Included in the package are Looks for Luminar 4. I loaded those into Lum 4 and there were 10. Since I can not locate the Template I can not check the number.

Roy Blackwell

Your purchased templates (including those from X-Membership) are found here after you install them.

Stephen Campbell

I just found them. They come in under My Collection / Purchased where your Legacy Templates are also stored. And, as Stefan mentions there re only 9 while in Luminar 4 there are 10 Looks. 
    Can anybody tell me why the difference?
    For those of you who have been members for several months, do the monthly offerings offer Templates like those that have come with Lum AI?
    Is there a difference between Templates and Looks?

Stephen Campbell

Thanks Roy...I appreciate your making easier. I had discovered by chance.

Helga Hufflepuff

Stephen Campbell, 

All Luminar X members receive look packs in 2 formats: looks for Luminar 4 and templates for LuminarAI.

We will definitely add 10th look soon. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Once 10th look is added, you will be able to re-download it from Luminar X section in your account.

Mark Altmeyer

Disappointed because I got the membership specifically for Ultimate Landscapes, which shows as part of the membership. This seems to be very misleading. That more than likely means I won't be renewing next year.

Stefan Hebestreit

@Mark Altmeier:

Fun Fact: the same look was the reason I became X-Member.

Kate Williams

Hi Mark, Stefan, 

I've checked your Membership, and I can see that you've just signed up.

If some items from the marketplace are marked as a part of your membership but are not listed in your account yet, it means that they will be available in one of the following batches of content. 

The Ultimate Landscapes will be enabled in your account in the second batch. 

As for Captivating Cityscapes, we've emailed you the links to the repacked Collection with 10 looks/templates. 

Stephen Campbell

Kate,

I too would appreciate the link for the repacked Captivating Cityscapes  my orignal for Luminar AI only has 9 as well.
    Thank you very much

Davin Boo

Hi,
    Upon signing up for the membership, i only see 1 look and 1 template available for downloading.
    Those other templates listed as "Included with Luminar Membership X" will only be available later and on a monthly rotation basis?

Helga Hufflepuff

Davin Boo,

Exactly. Those items marked as included will be available later on monthly basis.

Davin Boo

Hi Helga,

Thank you for clarifying.

Michael I

Unreal! the website blatantly misleads a prospective customer that a number of the sky templates are "included" with an X membership", but we don't learn that we don't get access to all of them labeled as such immediately but only one of them of Skylum's choosing monthly?  That is blatant deceptive advertising.  Disgusting!

Stefan Hebestreit

So the next month started for me today.

Checking my possibilities I can find !! 1 !! new look (for me its Landscapes by Albert Dros) and !! 1 !! new Sky (sundowners by Gleb Tarro). 

The advertising is still wrong. The batch doesn't enable all the previous looks and skies. It just enables Month 1 Look and Sky, next month Month 2 Look and Sky and so one.

After 12 months a new customer would see 13 new Looks and Skies "included" in the X-Membership. But this is not correct. he would have to stay X-Member for 2 years to access number 13 of looks and skies.

simple summary: if you became a X-member "later" you are running behind the releases forever.

The Advertising would be correct if Skylum would name it "included in X-Membership month 1","included in X-Membership month 2" and so on. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.