Remove image noise

Answered

Comments

3 comments

Alina Skylum

Hi Patrick,

Could you please specify what camera you're using for taking your images? Are these high-res images?

Could you please attach a before/after screenshot so that we could better assist you? Thanks in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    Patrick Runkel

Hello Alina,

I have been shooting with a Canon EOS 5D Mk3 for years. It's not the newest camera anymore, but for me it's still a very good camera and is enough for my shots. Of course, the new cameras are much better, but unfortunately not for my wallet.

Generally, I only take all my pictures in full resolution and in RAW to have the full potential later in post-processing.

I'm uploading the same image twice to show you what I get when denoising despite the highest setting, and again the same image, but I denoised it with Lightroom, which I like much better because the colour noise is almost completely gone.
    This picture was taken with ISO 25800.

Lightroom

Luminar AI

Patrick Runkel

Here is another motif in which you can see the colour noise well. I have written the settings for it.

Sequence of values: luminance noise, colour noise and amplification (in Lightroom probably the value smoothing).

Luminar 50% / 50% / 25%

Luminar 100% / 100% / 100%

Lightroom 50% / 50% / 25%

Lightroom 50% / 50% / 50% (Desired result in Luminar, but currently not achievable)

Please sign in to leave a comment.