Comments

34 comments

Alex Chuzhoy

Where do I find my complimentary free skies and textures from this morning's webinar? 

Comment actions Permalink
    Alex Chuzhoy

BTW, I successfully went to bit.ly/aibonus and there were no links to download them... Please assist.

Lynne Pariseau

I had no problem downloading it. - it downloads from Dropbox....you probably need to have dropbox on your computer

Roy Blackwell

FYI... does not require you have Dropbox installed.

Alex Chuzhoy

Got them! Thank you very much.

Doug Johnson

Rich

thanks for the files but a lot of them are Cube which Mac will not open. Any chance of another format?

Stephen Campbell

I clicked on the link and it does not go anywhere. I also loaded into my browser and the same thing happens. Grateful if you repost.or fix the link.

Roy Blackwell

Stephen Campbell: Both links work as is. The bitly link takes you to a dropbox site where you can download. The link posted by Rich Harrington starts the download immediately.

Stephen Campbell

Thank you Roy...it all happened so fast I had not noticed that the download was immediate. Much appreciated.

Alex Chuzhoy

I was able to bring only one new sky into the sky replacement module and to apply it.  However, Luminar AI doesn't retain it and I cannot import several new skies from yesterday's webinar.  The same goes for LUT's as well.  I have to preview them one-at-the-time, somewhat annoying.

Is there an elegant way to do it?

Lynne Pariseau

following

Alex Chuzhoy

As a member, do I get a discount on Aurora HDR?  If ye, what is it?

Alex Chuzhoy

Aurora HDR is $99.00 on a general market.  Since I am a Luminar paid X Member, what is my price with a membership discount?  I am very interested, please respond.

Roy Blackwell

The discount for members is 15%. You will have a discount code in your Luminar X-Membership account page that can be applied to your purchase.

Alex Chuzhoy

OK, thanks, I'll look for it.

Alex Chuzhoy

I logged in to Membership and found a code.  However, when I tried to apply to my Aurora HDR purchase, the system rejected it, saying: an invalid code... What do I do?

Helga Rowles

Hi Alex,
    The discount can only be applied to marketplace items, such as skies, looks, LUTs, sky objects, textures.
    It cannot be applied to software.

Regarding adding skies, if you'd like to add skies to the default menu list, click Sky AI > Sky Selection > Show Custom Skies > copy the skies to the folder that opens. 

I hope this helps!

Alex Chuzhoy

Thank you, I followed this path and was able to see my custom skies.  However, my objective is to bring these skies into the Luminar AI and have them permanently reside here.  It seems like I can only bring one of them at the the time via the "Load Custom Ski Image".  Every time I want to experiment with a new custom sky, I have to go through process... very time consuming.  How can I have all of my custom skies "reside" in the main Sky AI portal?

Lynne Pariseau

I would like to do so too -- hoefully with directions for  a Mac!

Kate Williams

Alex and Lynne ,

The instruction set is the same regardless of the platform. 

For the images to appear in the default drop-down menu, please follow the steps outlined by my colleague: 

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360010124579/comments/360002564279 

Lynne Pariseau

hi Kate, when I follow your link above, I end up right back here.  Even copying the url and pasting it in the menubar did not give me anything other than this page.....so no sign of the steps to which you were referring.

Lynne

Kate Williams

Hi Lynne, 

I'm quoting my colleague's reply from one of the posts above: 

Regarding adding skies, if you'd like to add skies to the default menu list, click Sky AI > Sky Selection > Show Custom Skies > copy the skies to the folder that opens. 

Please check this video, it should help: https://youtu.be/AIgNGCpXyks 

Lynne Pariseau

thanks, I'll give it a try.

Lynne Pariseau

worked like a charm, Kate!! thank you.

Helga Rowles

It was our pleasure to assist! :)

Alex Chuzhoy

Hello, I am bringing a new sky into a simple photograph of a house with a plain blue skies.  A new sky is placed correctly but it overlaps over the façade of the house - looks terrible.  How do I place my new sky "behind" the house?

Londinense

Alex. This is a well-documented issue with sky replacement. Whether it will be resolved remains to be seen. It's there in Luminar 4 and is still there in AI. It is especially noticeable when what's in the foreground is of a similar tonality to the sky that's being replaced.

You can deal with it by brushing it out. If you look on YouTube you will find some videos that explain how to go about it. Once you have the knack, it's quite easy.

Alex Chuzhoy

How do I install newly downloaded skies and looks?

Please sign in to leave a comment.