problems with luminar AI and latest opdat macos big sur

Answered

Comments

17 comments

Christine Barnes

I have exactly the same issue.  I really enjoyed using A1 yesterday, then this morning the same issue and no explanation as to why or what the problem is. I tried to restore from the backup - everything is grayed out. I then deleted and reinstalled - all of my folders are still showing each with an exclamation mark.  Re-adding folders makes no difference.  History is also inaccesible.

Comment actions Permalink
    Dale Foster

Updated to Big Sur ver 11.1 and cannot access catalog properly in Luminar AI.  Triangle with ! on all folders. Pictures blurry. Same problem occurred with Luminar 4 when first installed Big Sur.

Hendrik Reijmers

why does skylum not react. In this way luminar AI is worthless to me.

Phil Dyer

Computer shut down last night. On starting up today and starting Luminar AI- all the saved folders and albums in the catalog had Exclamation Marks against them and they couldnt be accessed or edited.

Had to reload images from internal drive . Luckily only had about 20 that I was working on so no big deal, but if this keeps happening then there is going to be a lot of issues

Phil Dyer

Big Sur updated last night to 11.1 so presume this was the issue?

Austin Miller

Hello all! 

Could you please specify if you have the Lost Edits folder in your Luminar AI catalog? 

Do the steps below work?:

1. Go to the Library tab (in the right-hand panel)

2. Right-click the missing folder;

3. Choose Locate Folder from the drop-down menu: https://prnt.sc/syjwtz;

4. Find and point to the missing folder.

Christine Barnes

Thanks Austin - that has solved the issue for two out of three folders.  The last one is saying it is linked to single image edits so I am assuming I need to set up a different folder.  I won't have time to check for an hour or so but wanted to say thanks and confirm that that resolved the bulk of the issue.

phil dyer

There is no library planes in AI?

Christine Barnes

Just to say I have got everything back and working, with history restored. Locating the folder again solved the problem with the exception of one folder from which I had also imported a single image.  To resolve that folder I had to copy, relink to the new folder and then rename to the original name within Ai.  The single import is also correctly showing linked to the same folder without issue.  It seems there could be a bug in this instance as having linked to an individual photo shouldn't block the rest of the folder.

Pierre Waroquier

Hello same issue with AI.  And there is no right click possible and library planes neither

Regards

phil dyer

Funny how the expert on here gives you advice for Luminar 4 when you are talking about AI!

Margaret Bright

Hi Pierre,

Please show us a screenshot of your Catalog structure in Luminar AI.

Christine Barnes

Pierre did you follow the picture that Austin posted? That enabled me to get to the right area in the program and his instructions worked perfectly for me (with the exception of the single image import).  I posted above how I resolved that if that is any help.

Phil, the instructions posted by Austin worked in Ai for me but the original post also noted the issue was in Luminar 4 as well. 

phil dyer

That might be the problem then as the screenshot used was NOT AI so very confusing and the subject of this thread is AI not Luminar 4- however, I reloaded my folders and now all ok. The screenshot attached is from AI

Christine Barnes

Sorry Phil if my post caused or added to any confusion. I was only using Ai so would not have been aware of the differences.  Austin's picture had helped me to find the right place in Ai and hopefully they'll respond on the file link issue with single file import shortly. I'm new to using Luminar.

phil dyer

That’s ok. Understand what the issue is now with the Apple update. Still having issues with huge RAM use when using the programme. Waiting on response from technical.

Christine Barnes

I've been having similar memory issues with any of the photo editing programmes I've been trying - I'm thinking it's time to add more RAM to my iMac. I'm new to photo editing so hitting all these issues at once.

Please sign in to leave a comment.