Luminar AI major problems

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Austin Miller

Hello Shelia

Could you please specify if you are working with RAW images? What camera do you use?

First please make sure you have these looks installed in Luminar 4.

Please try to perform the following steps:

1. Close LuminarAI
    2. Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    3. Find the folder “LuminarAI ” and rename it (it remove your activation for LuminarAI too);
    4. Start LuminarAI and proceed with the activation again. 

If it doesn’t help go to the Pictures folder > rename LuminarAI catalog and repeat the steps from above.

Let us know how it works. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Blackwell

Shelia Hunt: If you are looking for the default Looks that shipped in Luminar 4, I do not believe they are included in the migration to AI, only the looks that your personally installed get migrated. 

Shelia Hunt

Thanks for your note, Austin... Yes, I am working with RAW images as I do in Luminar 4, Photoshop and several other apps. Camera should not matter, but for the record I use a Canon RP for the last year, and prior to that Canon T6i.  I completely understand the concept of how jpg images are used when temporarily viewing a RAW image.  I can open a RAW image in Luminar 4 or Photoshop and have no problem with image quality, but when opening a RAW file in Luminar AI, the images are very low resolution, poor quality.

With regard to the "Looks" that did not migrate... I'm referring to the Looks that were built in to Luminar 4, some of which worked like a charm as a first step on certain images.  I did not have any Looks that I had personally created.

Aby G.

I'm this having this same problem. On my hard drive my raw photos look very crisp and colorful and after importing to Luminar AI they become much more dull. Is there a fix for this??? I'm using a Canon EOS R. 

Helga Hufflepuff

Hello Aby G.,

Best to reach us via https://skylum.com/support and enclose some images to test on our end. Will see how we can resolve this. Thank you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.