Comments

111 comments

J-W van de Griendt

hello Martin    i did  the same  you  did  but it is impossible to  activate  luminarai .

it is  the  problem with  windows  10   after an update 

Comment actions Permalink
    Martin Lewis

Thanks for posting this link

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarai/win/Win_Luminar_AI_Release.msi

I am still not having any luck

J-W van de Griendt

for me too it is NOT  working   it has something to do with an windows update i think 

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys,

Please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support and we'll get that sorted out for you ASAP.

J-W van de Griendt

maybe next year it wil work  the luminarai 

It opens but wont activate. What rubbish. And zero support from skylum...

Taeho Kim

I am Windows 10 user, I have paid for this AI program already being weeks ago, HOWEVER I am able to be using but still in suffering from installing problem. 

I have installed the Luminar AI on my computer, but I am NOT able to do for next. Click Icon and does nothing. I know now this is a general issues for many of Windows user which I DO NOT understand.

Gonzalez Brigitte

Bonjour à tous,

Après un contact avec le support, voici leur réponse :

"Malheureusement, votre ordinateur ne répond pas à nos exigences techniques ;
    Luminar AI nécessite Intel Core i5 ou supérieur"

Ils remboursent le logiciel.

Bonne année à tous !

Hi all, it was fairly inconvenient that Luminar AI installed fine on the Mac, though the PC installer appeared to do nothing --- the above-mentioned trick of moving LuminarAISetup.exe OUT of the Downloads folder and to the Desktop seems to have worked: installed, launched, and registered.  Cheers.

Victoria Grace

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear you've faced this issue. It looks like something on your PC is blocking outgoing connection to our servers.

Please try resetting your hosts file back to the default value: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/972034/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default 

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/0cf4050f5e3a4551880bbd0eb2ea0684 

Hope it helps!

J-W van de Griendt

it is a luminar problem   not the computer from every one 

Bernd Pesteike

Yes, indeed! Skylum has a problem with Windows 10 OS in general!

Not only the Luminar AI installer didn't work since 11th of Dec, but also Luminar 4 and Aurora didn't work since my last Update of Win 10 Pro from version 1909 to 2004 / 20H1 in Nov!

@Skylum support: Please see my email from 18th of Dec, 01:32 (German time) including my mails since 11th of Dec!

Nevertheless, happy new year to all of you!

Victoria Grace

HI Bernd,

Our support agent contacted you back on Dec, 23. Unfortunately, we haven't received a reply from you yet.

Could you please check the inbox (it could have landed into the Spam folder as well) and send us the requested info. Thanks in advance!

Bernd Pesteike

Hi Victoria,

sorry, I didn’t got any email from your support on Dec, 23rd. Please send it again and I will answer immediately.

I am very interessted in a solution to work with all of my Skylum software (Luminar AI, Luminar 4, Aurora) on my Windows pc.

Thanks in advance and kind regards from Germany

Bernd

Kunal Sharma
    SKY AI & Augmented SKY feature is not working. I have tried many pictures however software is not able to read any of them image.

Also Luminar is only working as a plugin in my photoshop software not as a standalone software. I don't know why.. This Luminar has caused me a headache the moment i bought. 

At first i was facing problem on installation now features are not working. I mean technical team should work better before issuing the software in public. 
    Elena Blum

Hi Kunal Sharma,

I have replied to you here

Mark Haskell-Cooper

Just a suggestion for you Kunai - try giving Skylum more details of your problems with the program, and they might be able to fix the issues you are having quite easily - but if you don't ask you wont know. I do realise it is frustrating though.

Mark

Ps I may be able to help you as well - if I know the exact problems you are having?

Jonathan Johnson

I think I know why most of us are not having any luck getting this to work on our computers.

verify what chipset you have (Processor) and what version of Windows (or Mac) you are running. I'm including a screenshot of the tech specs from the Skylum main page (It's all the way at the bottom)

If your computer doesn't have these minimum specs, then Luminar AI will either not load or won't even install. 

I have an AMD Phenom X4 on my desktop and it will install, but not open. I need an AMD Ryzen 5 or an Intel Core i5 or better. 

I have 6 GB of RAM, not 8 (16+ GB is recommended)

I know I have the drive space and my graphics card is one of the newest on the market and my OpenGL is atleast at 3.3

This is why I believe I cannot get it to work on my desktop. My laptop is a Dell with an Intel Core i7 and I have 8 GB of RAM and plenty of drive space, and it works just fine. The laptop is less than 2 years old.

Check your computer hardware and make sure you have the minimum specs above. That could be the problem and mean an upgrade is in order.

Bernd Pesteike

... that could be, but as I mentioned above: Skylum has a problem with Windows 10 OS in general!

Not able to install the new Luminar AI also my Luminar 4 and Aurora didn't work since the last update of Windows 10. And until this Luminar 4 was working fine since one year independent from any hardware recommendations.

J-W van de Griendt

from the beginning i told wveryone it is a skylum  windows 10 problem   not our computers 

Helena Carter

Bernd Pesteike, J-W van de Griendt,

Please, reach out via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you in a more effective way.

Bernd Pesteike

Hi Helena,

I had done so! I sent several mails to support@skylum.com (the last one on Dec, 18th) and on Dec, 22nd to urgent@skylum.com. Please recognize my issues there! Thanks a lot in advance!

Kenji Kubota

Thank you Helena Carter!! I followed your instructions and it worked. 

Just asked for the refund - got it -maybe one day will buy it.

J-W van de Griendt

i think i did everything  i could  do        maybe i will buy it later  and go on  with  my   luminar 4 after refund .

on the site i can not find  how to get my refund 

j.w.vandegriendt@home.nl

Just write the email to support- I did it and got info that refund is due in 14 days - they also took it away from my account

Kate Williams

J-W van de Griendt

I've checked the system summary that you've submitted to support and I can see that your Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 is not compatible with Luminar AI. It seems to be the root cause of the issue. 
    Your refund request has been processed. 

Member, our default reply is that it may take up to 14 business days for the refund to get credited back to your account. However, in most cases, the funds will show up sooner. 

Henry Collins

I was having the issue where after clicking download, it would just download an html file to my Downloads folder but no installer.  It being my work laptop I couldn't effectively change the firewall settings.  Solution was to try on my personal laptop, installer .exe downloaded fine, then moved it using a USB drive and ran the installer without issue on my work laptop.

Gordon Niven

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 25-Jan-21 10:41:17 AM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: LAPTOP-0OBOS7KR
    Description:
    Faulting application name: Luminar AI.exe, version: 1.0.0.7348, time stamp: 0x5dedc13b
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1316, time stamp: 0x45a49e53
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000a17f0
    Faulting process id: 0x12d0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6f2e504ffede8
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar AI\Luminar AI.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 689bb368-0887-4bc4-9144-3ec81fa8e69c
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-01-25T06:41:17.989412600Z" />
    <EventRecordID>100422</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>LAPTOP-0OBOS7KR</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>Luminar AI.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.0.7348</Data>
    <Data>5dedc13b</Data>
    <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.18362.1316</Data>
    <Data>45a49e53</Data>
    <Data>c0000409</Data>
    <Data>00000000000a17f0</Data>
    <Data>12d0</Data>
    <Data>01d6f2e504ffede8</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar AI\Luminar AI.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>689bb368-0887-4bc4-9144-3ec81fa8e69c</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Here is my event log with the software, installed but not opening, only the splash screen for a few seconds then gone. Still awaiting reply from support

To All,

I got my refund but still was playing around and ... got it working. Have a MSI Titan laptop. I my opinion it is a MSI True Color conflict. I was disabling many different application - when I disable True Color got a sign in screen - trying a trial once again but so far it works. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.