Comments

111 comments

Diego Queres

Margaret, i 've tried these steps, but the problem persists...

Comment actions Permalink
    mark thomas

There is one other step that may help,some of you could try. The windows hosts file can sometimes have an entry that blocks communication to the Skylum activation servers ,pretty much having the same effect as a  firewall would. Google "how to reset the windows hosts file" and see if that helps some of you after resetting it.

Bryan Michael

I'm so thankful I checked here BEFORE purchasing.  I had the same issues with installation with Luminar 4 on a Windows machine, and it appears to be happening all over again with Luminar AI.  I am so incredibly thankful that I DID NOT purchase this product.  It appears that once again a mountain of refund requests are on the way for Skylum.   Good luck photographers, I wish you all well.  

patrick james cassells

Im sure there are alternatives to this software that wont dissapoint, im not messing around i will give skylum 5 more days and then demend a refund, poor show skylum

Philippe Cailloux

Same issue here (launch the installer, nothing happens). I tried the different suggestions mentioned throughout the thread. Running Win 10 Pro on a new i7-10700K, nvme ssd, 64GB ram, nvidia GTX 1080 in case people see a hardware pattern.

I tried everything that Margaret suggest. It does not work. It's just crazy to go with all this fuss to install a piece of software. You should change the install/activation process and not let your customers go through all of that.

Problem solved. I live outside the US, so I tried to run my VPN, switched to an US server and disabled my anti virus. That way I could register my copy of AI

Diego Queres

Luminar started work today. I dont't know how...

Taylor Jenkins

Like others, I installed Luminar AI on a Microsoft Surface Book with Windows 10, intel core i7 cpu, and nvidia geforce gpu, but it will not launch. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Mine still not working !!!!!

Hi,

had the same issue. Just had to deactivate windows 10 antivirus, launch Luminar AI, login to activate, then close it, reactivate windows antivirus and now it's working.

Hope that helps.

Marcel Moody

I am having the same issues. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, followed all the instructions on this thread and still can't get the program to run. Any other ideas anyone? 

Forgot to mention that when I have downloaded AI as a plug-in for Windows 10 it found PS but didn't want to find LR and I use LR waaaayyy more than PS.  This thing is buggy as heck and isn't working any kind of way with anything!

I got it!!! I've had the same issues, but now is running. The problem was the OpenGL version. I've updated my intel graphics with latest version, and now is working!!!

Manuel Molina

Mine was working fine before my laptop had shut down because of battery drain. Now when I try to log back in it takes me to a 7 day trial version. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same the thing.
    On the Skylum webpage it shows I have a paid up version with the download link. But it all takes me to the trial version.
    Has anyone experienced this problem?
    I have reported the problem two days ago but no response yet.

Martin Lewis

After 7 days and countless hours of trying to get this software to work on my pc, I have given up. I have followed all the suggestions and nothing has worked. I then decided to install it onto my laptop (not what I want to be editing on, but I want to test this software out).. yeah it worked. It was ridiculously slow. No way was I able to slide a slider and see the results, I moved a slider then got the hourglass icon for 5-10secs (this is by opening 1 jpeg image, not a massive folder or anything) I eventually had enough of "editing" and wanted to save my image. I hit export, this caused my laptop to freeze up for some time, then eventually my screen just went to black, after a few hours my screen came back and the image was exported. I tried again this morning still on my laptop. I can not simply hit the Luminar Icon to get this software to launch. I have to go through the process of Uninstall then Repair sit through the new Install and pray it opens. I honestly don't know what to tell you Skylum, as I am lost for words....While I type this I am waiting for the Install to finish for the 3rd time (3rd time lucky) as it just will not launch.

From day one and countless hours lost, I can't run the application. I am extremely dissatisfied for two reasons
    - no response to my complaint and no help from the developer
    - an application that is useless
    Time to get your money back and look for a program that will work.

Finally solved

Finally solved
    I couldn't install Luminar ai for a long time, the installer hangs at 28%.
    I couldn't install the visual C ++ redist ... either.
    Problem solved: Computer protection deactivated in the
    system properties on my PC, maybe there is a problem. Now the
    installation works perfectly. greeting Volker
    Philippe Cailloux

Skylum is asking to escalate these requests to urgent@skylum.com (based on their replies to https://www.trustpilot.com/review/skylum.com). I'm still waiting for their email support reply.

I'm still trying to make it work. Been waiting since September like many of you. By the way, I can't anymore launch Luminar 3 and 4 nor Aurora. Looking now at router-based security filters. Will share updates. Seems that different people have experienced different issues (Open GL version, OS-based firewalls, installation conflicts, etc).

Marcel Moody

Okay, I got it to work and found out what was stopping it for my situation. It was my fault, I was running a CPU that was way too old. I was running a computer that I still game (Overwatch) and video edit on and thought "hey it's still up tp speed". Turns out my CPU is 10 fucking years old lol (AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE and a GTX 760). I installed this on my gaming laptop with a Intel Core I7-7700HQ 2.80 GHz and it installed and started right on up! My wife bought this for me for X-mas and was upset that I couldn't use it. So far, I can see this being great for people that don't know LP, PS to the PHD level but want great looking edits. I hope ya'll can get it working and enjoy it or get your money back. Hats off to AMD this CPU has been rocking for ten years and is just showing it's age as far as i'm concerned. 

Nagar Naranjo

This blank dark screen is as far as Ai will let me go.  When I go back to the download page to see if it's saying anything it doesn't even list I've downloaded it. This really bites.  Will try one more (two tops) time and if it still won't work I'm going for a refund!  Skylum you really shouldn't have released this without further testing, beta testing or not during the holidays when a lot of people would be ordering it and your support team may be on holiday!

Gonzalez Brigitte

Bonjour,

Impossible d'activer luminar AI ! y a-t-il une solution ?

Ahmed ALGNAYNY

I thought i am the only guy with bad luck....I would say go to hell Peter Micknon for recommending this software
    what a waste of time and money

Jonathan Johnson

I was able to install this on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 w/8th gen Intel i7 processor, 8 gb RAM and 1 tb SSD), AI installed and worked just fine on the laptop. 
    However, I have an ASUS Desktop AMD Phenom II X4 830 processor, 6 GB RAM, 1TB SSD and a Radeon RX590 Series Graphics Card with 8GB DDR5 RAM.  The Motherboard, and processor (along with the case) are older, but I have no issues with any other programs having the new Graphics card and SSD installed.

I have followed the suggestions clearing the registry, uninstalling and rebooting before reinstalling, to no avail. The program installs fine (atleast it appears to), but then when you launch it, nothing happens... my mouse cursor gives the "thinking" spinning wheel of death, then nothing. No splash screen nothing.

I don't know how this can be classified as answered if people are still having issues with the program. The problem still exists. 
    I like the concept of the program. Maybe there should be better Quality Control before releasing it

Philippe Cailloux

This morning, Skylum support sent me a link to an installer for Skylum AI.

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarai/win/Win_Luminar_AI_Release.msi

This installer works for me and I'm now playing with Skylum AI. 

As a reference, my issue was: launching the Skylum AI installer (on Win 10, on a recent machine) would not do anything past the Windows installation dialog confirmation. 

I'm sharing in case it may help some of you. 

Mike Forsman

Philippe Cailloux, thanks for passing that along -- it WORKS!

IIRC, someone suggested/requested the full installer package back on day 2 or 3 of "The Great Luminar AI Installation Wars."  A little late is better than never. Thanks Skylum, I had nearly given up. It's not the fastest editor out there, but its installed and it seems to be fully functional!

Thanks again Philippe for passing along the .msi package ...

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarai/win/Win_Luminar_AI_Release.msi

Gonzalez Brigitte

Bonjour,

Merci ! Mais je l'ai installé et ça ne fonctionne toujours pas !

J-W van de Griendt

Bonjour      ici la meme      ne  functione pas 

Martin Thorsson

I had disable everthing on router and shot off virus.

I cant activate ai on my new computer.

I cant even wright my mailadress in the activate squere????

Martin

Please sign in to leave a comment.