Comments

111 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Everyone,

Your anti-virus software and firewall may be the issue. Please try the following:

Let us know if this helps.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jon Bish

False positive... Nortons 360 let mine install fine... Disable nortons and install...

Lars Winther Schmidt

I don't have Norton and it isn't installing here either. I click the installer file, windows asks me if I want to run it, I click yes and it just disappears and apparently does nothing.

Jon Bish

Possibly a hardware issue...Pretty hefty requirements to use without issues... Or antivirus you do have is stopping?

Lars Winther Schmidt

Not running antivirus currently and the rig is high end. If anything it could possibly be too new? I'm running the new Ryzen 5950X with 32GB of 3800MHz RAM. Maybe they aren't supporting the new Ryzen models too well yet?

Roy Martin

Update:  18 December 2020

• LuminarAI working.

Update:  17 December 2020

• Moving install exe out of Downloads folder and onto Desktop allowed the installer to do its job.
    • LuminarAI launches, but won't let me create a catalog in my Pictures folder.  I had to create it on another drive for some reason I don't understand yet.
    • LuminarAI allows me to enter my credentials and I verified that it has been activated.

Same problem. 

I have this problem with just about every version of Luminar I have installed. 

The installer won't run.  And even when I have been able to get previous versions installed, I have to repair the install every time I want to run Luminar.

Definitely not a hardware issue with this PC.

Funny, I never have an issue when installing on a Mac.  It doesn't feel like the Windows version gets the same attention.

Hamid Naderi

I have more of less the same issue. My installation get completed but when I try to run Luminar AI, a splash screen appears and goes away. This is all I get from Luminar AI.

I disabled my Windows 10 Defender Firewall nothing changed at all.

I have installed the Luminar AI successfully , but I am NOT able to launch it. I think this is a general issue for thee Skylum team. 

I am using my PC as an Administrator and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Luminar AI twice but the problem is still there. I think we all need help from Skylum team.

Gabriel Rutenberg

I am having the same issue. I also disabled windows 10 Defender firewall and downloaded Luminar again al seams normal but it is just not launching or opening when clicking the Luminar logo on my desktop.

Johann Kohl

Auch ich arbeite nun schon seit über einer Woche daran, meine Early Bird Version und nun auch Nachfolgeversionen von Luminar Ai  auf Win 10 pro zum Laufen zu bringen, leider nach unzähligen Versuchen nicht möglich!! Die Installation erfolgt schnell und sicher, beim Starten erlischt der Vorgang nach wenigen Sekunden, erbitte Hilfe!! LG aus Österreich

Tetsuya Ito

I'm having the same problem.
    I Double-click the installer file, Windows asks me if I want to run it, I click yes and it does nothing.
    It is the same even if the anti-virus software is stopped.

Have the same problem - no activation screen - all black

Diego Queres

Me too

Mattia Russo

Ho lo stesso problema, even disabling the antivirus does not work

Bernd Pesteike

Same situation as Lars Winther Schmidt, Roy Martin, Johann Kohl and others above: The Luminar AI installer breaks off - no installation happened!!!

By the way: It's the same issue with all of my Skylum software. Also Luminar 4.3.0-6886 and Aurora don't work since my Win 10 Pro is updated to version 2004 /20H1. I send several mails to Skylum support with log files in attachment. No answer since several days.

There is a big problem in general with (some) Windows installations! Needless to say that all other software works fine! Only Skylum is the problem!

Your help is strongly needed! Thanks a lot!

Jacques GANDON

Même problème avec Mc Afee ?

Si quelqu'un a la solution merci

Todd Phillips

I've downloaded the installer twice, rebooted my machine twice, run install as administrator, disabled Windows Defender and the installer will not even begin. When I run it nothing happens. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a very high end machine. No antivirus, antimalware, or defender running.  

Mattia Russo

I have the same problem on windows 10. So I guess it's not a windows 10 pro problem.

Athanasios Chatzis

No, I don't think so. Simply the software fails to show the activation window. I hope Skylum to take care of this the soonest possible and send us a link to a new version which gives us at least the opportunity to register the software. Thank you.

Same problem here. No activation windows. Seems they forget to add some AI to the activation process!

Hamid Naderi

It looks somebody did NOT like my comment and deleted it. Wow!!!!

Jason Ekholm

Same issue here. 

Disabled Windows Defender Anti-Virus and Firewall.  Also disabled router firewall.

Trying to launch the install .exe still does nothing.

Hamid Naderi

What a Great job  you are doing deleting my comments. I thought I bought a Photo Editor, looks like that Skylum is more of a censorship company. Why deleting my comments? You don't want other to see it? what you are hiding? Your Censorship is working very well but not you Luminar AI

Joe Hernandez

I was having the same issue, but after trying everything I read that I should do, I decided to move my install file from my download folder and placed it on my desktop, and tried again.  Guess what? It worked!  I was able to install the program and ran it very quickly, then got on this site to let you know what worked for me.

Jason Ekholm

Joe Hernandez figured it out.  Moving the .exe out of the 'Downloads' folder and onto the desktop fixed the issue.  Installation went smoothly after that.

Skylum - you owe Joe some free product.  We really shouldn't have to crowdsource our own IT support.

Todd Phillips

Yea Joe that worked for me just now to! Thanks buddy! 

Nice of the Luminar folks to help us out here. Not!

Hamid Naderi

Uninstalled Luminar AI, downloaded a new copy, moved it into the Desktop. Installed it from Desktop and guess what? IT DOES NOT WORK. Everything like the first time. When I launch the Luminar AI, all I get a splash screen as per the image attached for 2 seconds and NOTHING ELSE.

exactly the same - no activation screen 

no response from support except automatic answer.... 

Margaret Bright

Hi guys,

Our support team usually replies within 24 hours, but we're currently receiving quite a number of requests so it may take a bit longer than usual for our team to get back to you. I hope for your understanding and thank you for your patience.

In the meantime, please try the following:

First, try turning off the Windows defender or/and antivirus or adding Luminar AI to the list of exceptions.

Then please perform the following:

Uninstall Luminar.

How to uninstall an app on Windows 10 (click this text to open link).

Clear your registry:

• Visit https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download?pc
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the table and click Download from CCleaner.com in the first column.
    • Once the download has finished, launch the file and install CCleaner on your computer.
    • Launch CCleaner.
    • Click Registry on the left.
    • Click Scan for Issues in the lower left. Wait for the scan to finish.
    • After the scan has finished, click Fix Selected Issues in the lower right.
    • Close CCleaner.

Reboot your PC.

Download the latest version of LuminarAI from here: 

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarai/installer/win/LuminarAISetup.exe 

Once the installer has finished downloading, locate it in your Downloads folder (or wherever you chose to save it), right-click the file, and click Run As Administrator. A prompt might appear asking you whether you wish to confirm your action, click Yes and wait for the installer to load. Then, follow the instructions on the screen.

Aaron Lamb

CC Cleaner???  Really, your advise is to have users use software that has been hacked not once but twice?
    You can't supply a registry path so the users can manually delete the keys without using questionable software?

Probably wouldn't hurt to push a full package installer to download, from what I am seeing this net install is flaky at best (not surprised)

Richard Clapp

I've installed AAI successfully, but, when I try to activate on the screen provided, I can't input any information. This is on a brand new HP desktop with the latest Intel Iris Graphics chip.

I then installed it on an older HP desktop, and it operated perfectly.  My older PC has an NVIDIA chip in the Display Adapters and an older Intel Graphics chip.  The new computer has no NVIDIA chip and the Iris chip.  I've pointed this out to one of my many pen pals in the Skylum support group and suggested that Skylum repair its product rather than ask its users to jump though hoops to find a workaround. With all the problems all of us are having, I think I know why Skylum won't allow their support people have a conversation with any of its users.

Please sign in to leave a comment.