Templates not recognized

Answered

Comments

14 comments

Roy Blackwell

Did you unzip the templates you downloaded? Once unzipped to a location on your drive you will see a .ltc file.

Comment actions Permalink
    Leonie Prof. L. Dreschler-Fischer

Did you uncompress the downloaded zip file? The downloaded goodies are usually bundled as a zip file that needs unpacking. Luminar AI will install templates, if the filename extension of the file is .itc, for example MONOCHROME VISION.ltc. After uncompressing the package, you can install the templates, if you select the command "File > Add Luminar Looks collection" and select one of the files with the filename extension .itc

Charles Brown

Roy, thank you for responding. I did unzip and there was no "itc" file with the download. Apparently, the Membership downloads are just JPEG files showing what you can do. I was under the wrong impression they were additional templates included with the Membership. 

A bit of misleading information. 

Thanks for the answer however. 

Roy Blackwell

This is how it works: the download contains two additional zip files, one for Luminar 4 and one for Luminar AI.

The Luminar X membership offers two different kinds of assets. One download contains additional skies (JPEGs and TIFFS), and one download contains additional looks. The folders with the skies can be saved anywhere, and you can access them from the "Sky Selection" menu when adding a custom sky (from the bottom of the list of the skies) . The second download with the "looks" needs installing as a template, and the monthly  looks I received since October contained also a Luminar AI version, once the have been uncompressed, as shown in the post by Roy Blackwell.

Stefan Hebestreit

I did the unzip and found the.ltc file (captivating cityscapes). I went to L AI and selected file -> add Luminar AI template Collection.

I selected the.ltc and pressed open. Then the window closed without confirming. Can't See the new look/Template. I restarted L AI and still no changes...

If you could select the .itc and press "open", but the window closed without further notice, the looks have already been installed. I am seeing this behaviour, when I try to install the same looks a second time. where have you been looking for the new looks? I am seeing the captivating cityscapes in the "Templates" tab, when I click the ☆ (My Looks) in the sidebar to the right, then the disclosure triangle  ▶︎ to the left of "Purchased". Like this:

Stefan Hebestreit

Thank you Leonie, there it is.

Fun Fact: the Download page tells us we get 10 looks. Checked my L AI and found 9. Checked your Screenshot and found 9 :D

I never noticed this. There are also only nine items in this collection in Luminar 4. 😀

But not so funny.  After my looks have been migrated to Luminar AI, they are missing from Luminar 4 and I have to reinstall them for Luminar 4.

Peter Hansen

Bought today the ”Night Skies” but it either Luminar 4 or Luminar AI can't install it--it´s greyed out. Unfornutanally it's impossible getting any support or help. The package consists only of Jpeg and Tiff-files--the .itc -file nowhere to be found...bad! 

The "Night Skies" are no templates, just a collection of custom skies and are installed differently. You use them by selecting one of the sky images from this collection, when you use the Sky AI tool in the "Creative" section of tools. At the bottom of the list of skies in "Select Sky" is an item "Load Custom Sky Image". There you can navigate to the folder with the Night Skies.

You can also install these custom skies, so they will be shown directly as a replacement sky.Click the item "Show Custom Skies" at the top of the list of replacement skies. This will open a folder, where you can add the two folders of night sky images. after you restart Luminar, you should be seeing your night skies in this menu.

Lucia Williams

Hi! I don't know if this is what you were talking about but I found a way to work around the issue of adding the Night Skies and Colorful Sunrises packs! After downloading the files and unzipping them (I'm a Windows user btw), I went to OS(C:) -- Program Files -- Skylum -- Luminar AI -- Profiles -- Sky Textures. I opened a separate file window, selected all of the tiffs and dragged them into Sky Textures. After that, they were listed with the other sky adjustments in the Sky AI tab.

Hope this helped! <3 

Sunny

I bought all the templates/presets Skylum offered in an upsell package with Luminar AI.  But no zip files download. Only JPEGs.  So there's nothing to unzip/install.  I navigate via Luminar to a folder containing folders with these  presets (that's how they were delivered)  but they are all greyed out.  Tired of googling how to make this work.  Please, can anyone help?  Thank you.

Victoria Grace

Hey Sunny,

I assume you're referring to the sky packs. Here’s how you can upload custom skies:  

• Load a picture with the sky that you want to replace in Luminar.
    • In the top-bar menu, select the Edit tab.
    • Navigate to the Creative Tab (a palette icon).
    • Choose SkyAI > Sky Selection. 
    • Scroll down the list of the pre-installed skies > Load Custom Sky Image. 
    • A dialog window will open where you'll need to navigate to the folder with your skies and choose the one you need. 
    • Confirm the selection and enjoy the tool!
    • SkyAI will work with your own photos if they are in one of the following formats: JPEG, PNG, and TIFF.  

If you'd like to add these skies to the default menu drop-down menu, click SkyAI > Sky Selection > Show Custom Skies > copy the skies to the folder that opens. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.