Problem with Lightroom and Luminar Ai

Answered

Comments

6 comments

dale arseneault

Same I'm on Mac.

Comment actions Permalink

furthermore Luminar AI feels so slow as molasses on my pretty recent and advanced Macbook pro.  I can't remember a program operating so slow on my system in years.   Odd.

Anthony Ferrell

Having the same issue, plugin does not show in Photoshop either.

Rob Bowes

Im the same , ai doesnt open in LR and missing from PS , also it has forced my Mac to crash twice ! and I paid for this !!!!!!!!

Werner Kratz

Same Situation here - but solved it:

MacOS BigSur 11.1

Photoshop 22.1 (latest)

Lightroom

After the initial install I just got a Luminar AI - Plugin in Lightroom (The AI was shown with superscript letters) - none in Photoshop. Lightroom Plugin was not working.

Started Luma AI after the installation (and registration) for the second time. Reinstalled the Plugin from there. 

Now I have a working plugin in Lightroom - letters of the working Plugin now show as Luminar AI instead of Luminar "superscript AI". The Plugin is now as well visible in Photoshop and is working.

Austin Miller

Hello all.

Let's try to install the plugin manually:

1. Make sure Lightroom is closed.
    2. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/Skylum Software/LuminarAI/Plug-Ins/. There will be a bunch of files in there, the ones you're interested in have the following extensions: .lrplugin and .lrtemplate - https://prnt.sc/w29di0 
    3. Open a new Finder tab or window and click Go > Go to Folder one more time and navigate to the following path: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/
    4. Copy the .lrplugin into the folder that you opened in Step 3.
    5. Click Go > Go to Folder one more time and navigate to the following path: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets/
    6. Copy the .lrtemplate file into the folder that you opened in Step 5.

You may be asked whether you'd like to overwrite the existing file in the folder or keep both, choose to overwrite in all cases.

Please sign in to leave a comment.