Comments

7 comments

Austin Miller

Hello Leon.

First of all, please unzip the downloaded pack. On Mac, simply double-click the zipped file. On Windows, right-click the .zip file to select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.

Here’s how you can upload custom skies:  

• Load a picture with the sky that you want to replace in Luminar.
    • In the top-bar menu, select the Edit tab.
    • Navigate to the Creative Tab (a palette icon).
    • Choose SkyAI > Sky Selection. 
    • Scroll down the list of the pre-installed skies > Load Custom Sky Image. 
    • A dialog window will open where you'll need to navigate to the folder with your skies and choose the one you need. 
    • Confirm the selection and enjoy the tool!
    • SkyAI will work with your own photos if they are in one of the following formats: JPEG, PNG, and TIFF.  

If you'd like to add these skies to the default menu list, click SkyAI > Sky Selection > Show Custom Skies > copy the skies to the folder that opens. 

We recommend keeping no more than 50 skies loaded at a time for better performance.

Comment actions Permalink
    Steven Ng

Hi Austin, After loading custom skies to copy to the folder, the image sky is applied to the picture. It doesn't copy to the folder. When I select all 25 images to copy, it will only allow one image. 

Hope you can clarify your instructions

Thanks, Steve

Agatha Winter

Hi Steven,

Have you performed the following suggestion? 

Click SkyAI > Sky Selection > Show Custom Skies > copy the skies to the folder that opens. 

If the issue persists, please send us a screen recording of the issue. 
    You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at https://skylum.com/support

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I’m having the same issue; it’s only letting me import one sky at a time but I’m wanting to import the entire folder. What am I missing here? 

Alina Skylum

Member,

If you want to upload the folder with skies, please, follow these steps: 

click SkyAI > Sky Selection > Show Custom Skies > copy the skies to the folder that opens. 

We recommend keeping no more than 50 skies loaded at a time for better performance.

I’m on a MacBook Pro, are the steps the same?

Agatha Winter

Hi Tennille - Yes, the steps are the same for Mac and Windows. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.