Display bug at startup and registration impossible.

Answered

Comments

12 comments

Muhamad Ridzwan

I'm having the same problem on my Windows 10 laptop. Updated everything and opened a ticket to get answers.. Hope Skylum sees this and we get a favourable response.

Comment actions Permalink
    Adriaan Moelants

Ik heb ook dit probleem ik kan wel in luminar A1 en kan naar mijn account maar kan het program niet activeren er word ook niets gevraagd om dat te doen zoals er word aangegeven zodus graag een antwoord hoe het wel kan. 

Agatha Winter

Hi all,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience you have faced.

Could you please check your internet connection? It seems that Luminar cannot connect to our servers.

Your anti-virus software and firewall may be the issue as well. Please try the following:

If the solution above doesn't work, please send us your Hosts file for review at support@skylum.com. The file is located here:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpful: https://www.loom.com/share/8b91ade5057d4d3192c933fbd025f9f5 

Thanks, 

Mickael Ahouansou

No change for my problem by following your recommendations...
    Hosts file sent to support.

Mickael Ahouansou

And I would like to point out that I have luminar 4 installed on my computer, I did not experience these problems with it.

Muhamad Ridzwan

Same here no change despite disabling the firewall or allowing the app through the firewall.. In fact I uninstalled, redownloaded the link and reinstalled the app again. Nothing happened. So I'm sending the host file to you guys.. Please help to sort this out.. Thank you. Appreciate the response. 

Harm Huinink

Same problem here, and i have also send the host file. Is the issue resolved for anyone yet?

Michael Guthrie

Same problem here. Has the solution been provided yet?

Muhamad Ridzwan

Here’s what I did to solve the issue.

1. Uninstall Luminar AI.
    2. Delete the Skylum folder where it’s originally put in your computer.
    3. Go to Windows setting and disable ALL firewalls (Domain, Private and Public)
    4. CLOSE the settings window.
    5. Re-downloaded the .exe file from Skylum.
    6. Reinstall the application.
    7. Launch the application.

Once you can start using the app, you can turn your firewall back on. Then add Luminar AI as an allowed app through the firewall.

Hope this helps!

David Frish

I also have this issue and judging by the other comments around, many others do as well. 

Harm Huinink

I did have this issue as i said before, and tried most of the options given, even reïnstalling. A couple of time's i left it open for a while and the last time i left it open the login screen appeared after a while, and now it works. Not mutch information, i know, but perhaps it can point someone in the right direction

Helga Rowles

Hi Harm!
    Thanks a lot for sharing what has helped you.
    I will be sure to transfer your observations to our tech team.

Hi David, I replied to you here:
    https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360010256739-STILL-Cannot-Register-Luminar-AI 

Please sign in to leave a comment.