Comments

33 comments

Roy Blackwell

Kory Markel: All your Luminar 4 Looks (not the default ones) that you had added are automating migrated to Luminar AI, albeit in a possibly long unorganized list. Click on Templates, then the star icon.

Comment actions Permalink
    Manuel K

I´ve the same question.

How I can Install or Import my Looks to Luminar AI?

But what is if i haven´t installed the looks before into luminar 4?

So I have installed Luminar AI as a new fresh Software without Luminar 4 before and now i´ve the Signature Looks as a "mplumpack".

On your Website in the Marketplace there also a litte Siganture for all my Looks that I´ve bought that they all supported for Luminar AI.

brgds

Elena O'Brien

Hi Manuel K

We'll be happy to help you install the looks you have. However, please install Luminar 4 in order to install the .mplumpack files to LuminarAI, as the looks designed for LuminarAI have the .ltc file extension.

Could you please let us know if you are running on Windows or MacOS, so we could help you?

Manuel K

Hello,

thx for your reply.

This means for example...

I have bought this Signature Look...

.. and this is also for Luminar AI, so you offer it on your Marketplace. 

If I download this file I will get an mplumpack extension, and now I have to Install Luminar 4, for all my Looks, that i could use it on Luminar AI?

I really don´t understand this idea of Software -.-. Sry but this makes no sense or I dont understand your comment xD.

It would be very nice to get an Update for Luminar AI to install the "old" Luminar 4 Looks into Luminar AI.(Without installing Luminar 4 before).
    I think that would be intressting for all Luminar AI users, whose bought a hugh orders of Luminar 4 Looks.

And whats with people who doesn´t have Luminar 4 before and they will buy a Signature Look? Do they have buy Luminar 4 to use a Look in Luminar AI?

brgds

Michael Wathen

I have Luminar 4 and none of these Looks are showing up in Legacy Templates for Ai. 1.   Magical forest.  2. Capture your Wonderlust, 3. Adventure and travel, 4. Black and white classic filters,    how do I get those that I purchase that are not showing up in Legacy I was told in email that they will be automatic downloaded that has not happened. 

Rod Ralston

My Luminar Looks migrated to Luminar AI and were available  when I first used L AI but on subsequent openings they are not available.  I wiped L AI and re-installed - same thing happened. I paid good $ for these and would possibly buy more but not now.   Obviously a bug that needs fixing.  Any suggestions Luminar Team?

Agatha Winter

Hi Rod - Please make sure you have these looks installed in Luminar 4 before reinstalling Luminar AI. If the issue persists, please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help sort this out for you.

Michael Wathen

I have Reached out too Support,  I have owned Luminar 3 and upgraded too 4 when it came out, I bought four looks a year ago those are Capture your wonder list, adventure and travel, black-and-white classic filters, magical forest, I did reinstall Ai and still those 4 looks that a support wrote too me should work has not.  I hope someone from support fixes my problem. thank you 

Agatha Winter

Hi Michael,

Please make sure you have these looks installed in Luminar 4 and Luminar 4 itself installed on your Mac.

Let's try reinstalling LuminarAI. If you have created your user templates or added any skies or sky objects to the app make sure to secure them somewhere else, as they will be deleted too. We recommend doing a full uninstall with AppCleaner. AppCleaner is a free app that automatically removes not only applications but also the related files, making 'clean' uninstall easy.

• Download AppCleaner from here (click this text to open the link).
    • Install AppCleaner and start it.
    • Drag LuminarAI from your Applications folder into the AppCleaner window. When removing LuminarAI, mark all the files and folders on the list.
    • Once you've uninstalled LuminarAI, restart your Mac and download a fresh version via your Skylum account.

Let us know how it works.

Philip Opdebeeck

Hello,

when I purchase a look/template on the marketplace I can download the ai files (.ltc) and import them into luminar ai, and then they show up under purchased, which is the way to go. However, the looks I bought in the past for luminar 4 show under legacy when I import them, totally not organized, and without any indication from who the looks are...

I don't understand this, did nobody from luminar thought about this? Or am I missing something?

If I would purchase the looks/templates again, I'm sure they would import perfectly into ai and show up under purchased, very organized. But why would I buy them again just to get the .ltc format?

So, is there an app to transform the former luminar 4 .mplumpack to .ltc format?  I really hope so, otherwise I'm ending up with a bunch of unorganized presets under legacy, which is already the case.

Please reply what to do

thanks

brgds

Philip

Austin Miller

Hello Philip. Would you be so kind as to send us a screenshot of the unorganized looks?

Regrettably, not all the looks will be converted to templates. Please also provide the looks names so we can check.

Roy Blackwell

Here is a screenshot from my Windows 10 laptop. I had 43 Looks Collections in L4 and they seemed to have all migrated but in nothing but a very long list (400+ looks):

Philip Opdebeeck

Austin Miller

Hello Austin, I can send you screenshots but they will look kinda like the screenshot of Roy Blackwell

The list is indeed very long

Philip Opdebeeck

Austin Miller

Hello Austin, to name a few looks: Capture Your Wanderlust, Dramatic Landscapes v1 v2, Magical Forests...

paul walker

It does not seem right that Luminar 4 Looks I bought, which said they are compatible with Luminar AI, only show up as a long list of names, with no clue which Looks pack they are from, and no preview of what they will look like. It is unethical to continue to say that Luminar looks are compatible with Luminar AI without making it very clear how poor the compatibility is. I have 24 Luminar Looks packs, said to be compatible with Luminar AI, which are now useless. It should not be hard to fix. please fix it.

Phil

Just another example of how poorly Luminar AI has been engineered. Once again all the hallmarks of a rushed to meet a deadline software. You are receiving quite a backlash Skylum. Not just for this but for quite a few other things. Maybe you should do something about it. Like a very fast bug fix. 

reynaldo bonifacio

Agree, legacy looks is just a mess. Can we get the .ltc file without repurchasing? 

Roberto Ferreira

I have Big Sur and no luminar 4 look appears in AI.

Do you know how to fix it?

Roberto Ferreira

MFadi Maskoun

How I can Install or Import my Looks to Luminar AI?

The file extensions are mplumpack, not ltc

JOAQUIN RAMIREZ

Ok, I see how the legacy works. It is a poorly designed solution that makes previously owned and designed looks useless, it is just an unorganized list with no hint of the effect.

In a new fix, I think you should add:

- Keep groups for looks

- Show the effect expected

- Allow to move from the legacy folder to the main one

I have bought Luminar 3, 4, Aurora and now AI. It is a wrong decision to replicate funcionality in a new version without giving a full compatibiity. We spent a ton of time with the looks and dont want to lose that time 

I hope we get a fix on this as a priority, it is really important

Rolf Sander

Bei mir wurde nichts übernommen, die wollen lieber neu verkaufen 

Jim Beattie

I add an additional request to Joaquin's- There should be a way to add Luminar 4 looks into AI without having to first install them into Luminar 4, and then install LuminarAI.

eric kaufman

I just purchased the Extraordinary Landscapes pack which says that it is for AI as well as 4, but when I download it I only get an mplumpack file which I believe is a version 4 extension. In AI, I can not load it as a template?

So how do I install this purchase which was marketed as AI?  Do I install it in 4 and then hope it migrates to the AI version?  And I echo the previous posts in that the "looks| that migrated from version 4 just show up as a list with no organization - a complete mess.

And how would all of this be done if I did not own version 4?

Not intuitive how I load my newly purchased mplumpackfile into AI - help please.  

I like the results, but the implementation is totally unintuitive and does not seem to be addressed in the AI help files.

Helena Carter

Hi Member,

Please, reach out via https://skylum.com/support so we could assist you in a more effective way and send you the links to the updated Templates.

Please, note that usually, we reply within 24 hours, however, due to Luminar AI release, we receive a great number of emails, thus, it might take us a bit longer to get back to you. however, we want to assure you that we reply to each and every request we receive.

Christian Vogl

Hello together,

is there already a solution for that topic? Same problem here: Previous bought Looks are just unsorted in a list which is not really useful. Spend some time and money in that looks and now they are more or less useless.

Jim Beattie

Hi Christian,

So far, this problem has not been solved- hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.

Regards,

Jim

Michel LeBlanc

I have discovered a work around to group Legacy Looks into a Collection under the "Purchased"  section of "My Collection".

IMPORTANT this requires changing "config.json" files which may affect LUMINAR AI

Step 1. Open Luminar AI and click on Templates on top tool bar.

Step 2. Go to "Legacy Templates" under "My Collection" and click on a template you wish add to a Collection

Step 3. Make a small adjustment to the template in any setting under "Essentials" and move it back to its original setting

Step 4. Save the template as a new template by clicking on the "..." on bottom right and select "Save". The file will show up under "User Templates" with an "edit" extension to it under "My Collection".

Step 5. Repeat this as many times as you want to include other templates in a "Collection"

Step 6. Quit/turn off Luminar AI

Step 7. Go to the following directory to find the newly saved templates:

Library/Group Containers/RTW788AXG3.com.skylum.luminarAI/Templates/Users

* This folder can be found by holding the "Command+Shift+period" keys on a Mac. (Not sure were these files are on a PC).

Step 8. Create a sub-folder in the following directory using the alpha numeric configuration used by Luminar AI:

Library/Group Containers/RTW788AXG3.com.skylum.luminarAI/Templates/Custom/xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx/????????-????-????-????????????

* Note that Luminar AI will have already created an alpha numeric sub-folder with the following configuration  xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx (where x can be a letter or a number)

Step 9. In the new sub-folder you have created (see step 8), copy and paste the folders from Step 7 into the new sub-folder.

Step 10. Copy the "config.json" file from any of the other sub-folders into the folder you have created.

Library/Group Containers/RTW788AXG3.com.skylum.luminarAI/Templates/Custom/xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx/?

Step 11. Open the "config.json" file.

Step 12. From the sub-folder you have created, copy and replace each of the xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.lmt file names into the new "config.json" file with the folder names and delete or add files based on the numbers of looks you have created.

Step 13. Save the "config.json" file.

Step 14. In the same directory, save 2 jpg files with an image you want to display and name the big.jpg and small.jpg

Step 15. Restart Luminar AI. Your new collection will show up under the "Purchased" area under "My Collection".

Hopes this helps.

Mike

Mark Chinnick

I pre-ordered Luminar AI and as part of the deal received a copy of Luminar 4. I only used L4 for a few weeks, but in that time I did manage to build a reasonable little collection of quite nice (free) Looks. So to be fair I do not have as much to complain about as some others here, but...

I was also a little surprised (disappointed) to see that my "Collections" of Looks ended up in a long un-nested, unordered list in the Legacy folder. I would have been really mad if I had paid for lots of these Looks like some of you guys have - I feel for you!

As pointed out in previous posts, for those willing to look, there may be multiple viable ways of "improving" what happens with the "unhelpful" folder of Legacy looks - but it is possibly best not to go into that here as it probably steps on the toes of the "You may not modify or adapt the Software..." section of the EULA.

Anyway, just putting another name on the list in the hope that the kind folks here will listen and your prayers will be answered. Nested Collections of Templates in the My Templates, Legacy Templates and Favorites sections - but especially Legacy Templates - please, please, please!!! 

Regards and have a great day!

PS Better a good hope than a bad possession. (Old Spanish Proverb)

Brenda Forsey

I have Luminar 3, 4, and Luminar AI, i have around 50 plum packs which did not migrate over to Luminar AI, so...i uninstalled Luminar AI and used cc cleaner to remove the bits that always remain...then re installed Luminar AI, it did not migrate the plumpack looks over to the AI version.  It is so frustrating!  I have spent 4 or 5 hours just trying to get this program to work.  Also...i had the message data base closed...and then the program would not start...i went into the c program and deleted the catalogue for Luminar 4 as well as Luminar AI, then Luminar AI did open.  However...my plum packs..did not transfer over....I know reading a lot of the comments here, others are also experiencing the same issues...and WHY has Luminar NOT fixed any of our concerns.  Why does Luminar AI not have the ability to just convert the plum packs to template version...and you can just install them from the packs themselves?  Yes...the organization is atrocious...from what i am reading...no organization at all.....i am so frustrated that i would not recommend this program to anyone!  Luminar 4 seems to work just fine...but...i was looking forward to the AI version...to help speed up my post processing time...but...it has been a huge headache for me instead!  Luminar, you just had an update for Luminar AI, why could you not have fixed the issue?  What do i do now....as I have uninstalled, used cc cleaner, restarted computer, reinstall Luminar AI, and issues?  I have a pc, windows 10, and all the pertinent info my computer needs to have in order to run this program!  This is nonsense..and I am not at all enjoying the process!  Please Help ......I agree we need a better organization for our legacy templates......Lets get this fixed Skylum!!!!  I wont be purchasing future products from you....even trying to contact you is futile.....

Please sign in to leave a comment.