denoise luminar 4

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Londinense

I too found denoise in Luminar 4 pretty useless, which is why I now only use it for the occasional sky replacement. In my view, by far the best denoise program is Topaz Denoise AI, but it's quite expensive and has to be used as an add-on to one's main photo editing app.

Comment actions Permalink
    Diane Dalli

thanks, i can't understand why it's called denoise as it seems to have no effect at all.

Lynne Pariseau

I found Lum 4 Denoise totally useless.  Noiseless CK was great.  I had to expand my workflow - open the photo in Photoshop Elements using Luminar 4 and Noiseless CK as plugins -- that works - however I can't get that workflow to work as easily with Luminar AI, best to say that I don't ever start my workflow with either Luminar products now because of similar issues.   I put in a support note back when I only had Luminar 4 - complained about how disappointing it was that the old Macphun - especially Noiseless - editing tools were not working and Luminar 4 supposed replacements (eg Noiseless) were maybe 10% as good.  

Londinense

As a matter of interest I did a little experiment on a fairly noisy image

Luminar 4:

On1 (my main photo editor these days):

Sent from On1 to DeNoise:

No contest!

Diane Dalli

wow, what a difference! I only use Luminar4 and would need to use a noise reduction  add on for this. Just need to find a good one that will work smoothly with it.

Londinense

You can use DeNoise AI as a plug-in with Luminar 4. It will then send it back as a layer. To my eye, the result is not as good as when I sent it from On1, but that may be down to how I did the initial processing in the two programmes.

Diane Dalli

I'll  try the trial version  to see how well it works with luminar first, hopefully it will solve the problem, thanks for your help

Daniel Voulkos

Luminar Ai does not have layers. Be aware.

Please sign in to leave a comment.