How to selectively apply body AI in group portrait

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Elena Blum

Hi Peter,

For now, there is no option to mask the BodyAI tool.

Comment actions Permalink
    peter fass

Thank you Elena. Do you know if this is being looked at for a future update?  Also, similar question about watermarking.  Without the ability to watermark I am essentially forced into still editing in a separate program - makes Luminar AI somewhat less attractive in terms of speeding my workflow. 

Miguel Ángel Llatas Beny

Can you just bring back layers as soon as possible? Because would fix 90% of the problems that you can see in every topic.

I don't understand why you took them away, the mask option that we got now is NOT the same

Kirk Osborn

You can find a tutorial on how to make watermarks in LuminarAI here: https://youtu.be/TumoVTFhcIg

peter fass

Thank you Kirk and thank you very much to Rich Harrington for coming up with a work around. Hoping that in the very near term though that Luminar AI will add/have a text feature which would make it so much easier to size, color, and place the watermark in the picture.  I think many of us would appreciate that option.  Meantime, hats off and much gratitude to Rich Harrington for his tutorial and work around.

Michelle Schaefer

I know this question is a few months old, but I've been wondering the same thing. In the time that has passed since this question was first asked, has a way been developed to use the Body tool on just one person in a group photo instead of changing everyone's bodies?

Margaret Bright

Hi Michelle,

Regrettably, at this time no changes have been implemented to Body AI tool yet - there's still no masking available for this tool. But this option is on our list of requested features, so we are considering changing it in one of the future updates.

Hi There... Greetings..

I was looking for this exact same feature (masking function for body AI, so that we can modify just selected people from a Group photo). Please let us know if there has been an update on the this feature requested.

-Prem

Kate Williams

Hi Prem,

I'm sorry to say there hasn't been an update with this feature yet. Introducing a 'person picker' that would allow applying Body AI/Slim Face/Enlarge Eyes and other tools selectively to one person is in our backlog right now. That is, we'll definitely consider this feature, but, as of now, we have no precise timeframe for its implementation. 

Meanwhile, we have a workaround for you, but it might be time-consuming.

1. Please apply Bodyᴬᴵ edits to all the people on your photo and export that photo.

2. Then open original image in Luminarᴬᴵ > open Local Masking tool here and select Add > Texture: https://prnt.sc/w140tl ;

3. Once you press Add > Texture, you will have the ability to apply the mask. Please, paint over that person you want to apply Bodyᴬᴵ edits;

4, After you apply the mask, select Load Texture ( https://prnt.sc/w142pd ) and use the photo you previously exported in Step 1.

Kind regards,

Please sign in to leave a comment.