Luminar AI installs OK on Windows 10, but unable to activate

Answered

Comments

79 comments

Mark Hawthorne

Well, you got farther than I did. It seemed to install without a hitch. However, when I click on the icon, it does nothing. can't  even enter my Skylum account info. I thoroughly uninstalled it and reinstalled it but get the same results. It shows up in Photoshop under my filters menu but it will not activate there either. Apparently, the wait is not over yet. I sent an email to customer support and got a robot reply. It said that they normally reply in 24 hours but due to current conditions it might be 7 days or more. Hope they get the bugs out. I wish they would have before releasing it. I was really looking forward to it as I'm sure everyone else is.

Comment actions Permalink
    Al Perreault

Hi Mark,

I was also really looking forward to it... hopefully they will figure out the bugs ASAP!

Al

Mick Anderson

My experience so far is the same as Mark. Download is quick and easy, but the program does not launch. I have a ticket into Support and looking forward to resolution so I can use the tools.

Warren Carrington

Same here program does open but doesn't work grayed out buttons, Hit activation on my software page and just says 2 or 2 activations left.   Not a happy puppy

Al Perreault

Seems like quite a few of us are having similar issues. A  bit frustrated :(

Joshua Post

Same as Mark here on Windows 10 20H2.  Installed just fine but when I open Luminar AI I don't get a box to sign in with my account and all of the options are grayed out.

Luis Alberto Arias

Same situation here, I can not activate the program. I am login in with my facebook accout, same I used for donwloading the program. When I try lo login I receive_ An internal error has ocurred, check your internet connection or contact support.

Sent an email to support, and the robot answered: "We will reply as soon as we can. We usually respond within 24 hours, but due to an "unusually large volume of tickets", our response may currently take up to several days. 

It is clear everybody is having the same issue. What is going on with the new and expected software. ??

Al Perreault

I've also sent an email to support! Hoping it won't take too long to let us have access!

Luis Alberto Arias

Lot of advertisement, webinar, on line events, and now for us who paid in advanced, we receive this issue. Considering today is Friday, (at least on y country, jeje) we will have to waint until next monday. Not fair.

Malcolm Hay

Hi....The same here I have installed it into Windows 10. Luminar AI will not open. I have uninstalled Luminar 4.3 thinking that might help, then rebooted. But AI will still not open. 

ERNEST DAVEY

It seems we are all in the same boat but reassuring that we are not alone.

Ernest Davey

Rodney Brown

Same issue as others - I can't enter anything on the activation screen. It's just frozen.

Richard Petersen

Same issue, everything grayed out, can't activate......

Warren Carrington

New results. This time I uninstalled rebooted then installed again. This time I got the sign in pop up and everything worked maybe try rebooting after install?

Joshua Post

I also have it working now.  I couldn't reboot yesterday as I was in the middle of several things.  This morning I rebooted my computer and opened Luminar AI and at first it hung with the same small artifact in the middle of the screen, but after 1-2 seconds it expanded to a sign-in window.  I entered my credentials and it activated.

Gogo Nugroho

I am experiencing the same problem with my windows PC but fine with my Mac

ERNEST DAVEY

Have checked compatibility with my windows 10 and the answer was: INCOMPATIBLE

Ernest Davey

Al Perreault

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

This morning, I tried several things.

1. I rebooted my Windows 10 machine and tried to activate LuminarAI - same issue
    2. Uninstalled LuminarAI, rebooted, re-installed from previous LuminarAI download - same issue
    3. Uninstalled Luminar AI, rebooted, re-downloaded LuminarAI from website, installed - same issue
    4. I rebooted again, and tried to activate - same issue
    5. I also double checked LuminarAI Windows 10 system requirements (I meet and exceed these)
    • Windows-based hardware PC with mouse or similar input device
    • CPU Intel® Core™ i5 or better, AMD Ryzen™ 5 or better
    • Windows 10 (only 64-bit OS)
    • Memory 8 GB RAM or more (16+ GB RAM is recommended
    • Hard disk 10 GB free space; SSD for best performance
    • 1280x768 size or better
    • Open GL 3.3 or later compatible graphics card

So I'm still stumped as this software is still not working.

Al

Luis Alberto Arias

It's really frustrating, I did the same thing, uninstalled the program, cleaned the registry, rebooted, installed again, rebooted, and there are no changes, I still cannot activate it.

Mick Anderson

Al and Luis, I'm right there with you! Hoping for a solution from the programmers SOON!

Arwinder Nagi

Having exactly the same issues as well. Unable to activate :(

Richard Petersen

Running as administrator fixed my issue......

Mick Anderson

I've tried everything, including administrator, and so far no luck...

Rodney Brown

Likewise, even a clean install using Administrator didn't work....

Al Perreault

I've tried Richard's method of running as Administrator.. still not working.

Rodney Brown

Al P, you get further than I do.  I can't enter anything into the email field...

Richard Petersen

What I did was:

1. Uninstall
    2. Reboot (power off, not a restart)
    3. Re-install
    4. After it installed, did not launch. Instead did another power-off reboot
    5. When Windows started, it still would not give me the login. If was then that I ran as admin and it worked.
    6. I can now launch normally (without Admin) and it is still working fine.
    Rodney Brown

Got it!

So, if you type something into the email id, then minimise and then maximise again, you'll see that what you typed is actually in the box.

Here's what I did:

1. click on the email box and type my email address in even though i couldn't see any characters appearing
    2. minimise and maximise to make sure i got the email right
    3. click on the password box and type in password
    4. click on activate
    5. all is good!

Luis Alberto Arias

This is sick. I've tried "everything", uninstalled, shut down my pc, turned it on, installed, shut down, turned on, launched the program as administrator and guess what. NOTHING. Even, on purpose, I wrote a wrong letter in my email, and Luminiar Ai corrected the email, which means that if I have an internet connection, in fact, I'm using my internet to upload this post, I corrected my email address and guess what? : "NOTHING", I can't activate the program. I'm disappointed.

Al Perreault

I have the same feeling Luis..

• I uninstalled LuminarAI yet again
    • I removed all references to Skylum and Luminar in my windows registry editor.
    • Turned off my computer. Once I restarted the computer again, I again removed a few other references in my registry editor to Skylum/Luminar.. then shut off the computer again
    • On restart I tried installing LuminarAI both as an Admin, and a different time (going through all the above processes) as a regular install. Both times, by system did not automatically re-boot. 
    • Also, shrinking the activation window and opening it up again didn't do anything

So, like my first original post.. I'm still getting the same issue and not able to activate LuminarAI.

Al

Please sign in to leave a comment.