Canon R5 Raw file support and pen tablet functions

Answered

Comments

8 comments

• Official comment
    Elena Blum

Hi,

Currently, this camera is yet to be supported by Luminar.

However, we're constantly working on expanding the supported camera list. Thus, it's just a matter of time until the app is able to read the files produced by your camera properly. 

For now, we recommend you to install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Comment actions Permalink
    Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

Yes same... I got an r6 and I need to create DNG that are double the size or cr3 compressed. A really annoying process in the workflow. It make literally MONTHS (I think 6 month... r5 release was june?) and they still didnt do it.

I have been requesting tablet support for ages but the standard response is " that's a good idea we will pass to the developer" or words similar to that. As for the Canon R5 and R6 raw support it is laughable that they are not yet supported. They are they two most desirable camera's on the market at the moment.

tom schweiss

I am having the same problem. My R5 .cr3 files are not working. My .cr3 files from my RP are opening correctly.

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

We know Elena... But the workflow of exporting to dng and loosing benefit of cr3 compressed is not fun.

Rocky Cola

OMG It doesn't support the R5 or R6.  Forget it.  Cancelling my pre-order.

UNACCEPTABLE

Alex Chan

Terrible!  The R5 was announced in FEBRUARY 2020 and released in late July 2020, and the Luminar team is unable to manage their own software to support these most popular cameras.  They keep providing robotic replies asking you to convert your files to DNG, and they thought they have addressed and answered our concerns. 

Not to mention the Luminar 4 has not extended its support to R5 and R6, it is ridiculous that the newly released Luminar AI also doesn't support these.  Look at your competitors Adobe and On1, their products support these cameras very well.  There should be more than enough time for the Luminar team to work on the support of these cameras.  Yet, they prioritize useless functions like the sky changing function over supporting popular cameras.

Luminar, wake up!

Beat Christen

That can't be now, I bought the Luminar 4 and Aurora HDR bundle last month. Had to find out, however, that Luminar 4 does not support the EOS R5 CR3. As well as Aurora HDR doesn't even support the EOS R CR3. The EOS R has been available for 2 years. I made use of the 30 day money back guarantee. Now I thought Luminar AI would do better and support the latest cameras, then I'll buy Luminar AI. Now I read here that the R5 is not supported in Luminar AI either.

This clearly shows that the same camera catalog and the same RAW engine is stored in the Luminar AI as in Luminar 4. Nothing new. Luminar's answer is always the same, convert to DNG. That is the worst answer a support can give. Use a competitor's product so that you can use our product! Ridiculous!
    Hey, are you still okay?

So I'm finally out and done with Skylum. It's a shame, I'm interested in the software because it could produce good results without much effort. * Irony On * You can call me if the cameras are supported. Then I'll think about it again. * Irony OFF *

Please sign in to leave a comment.