Comments

32 comments

Dixie Osteen

I have the same problem.  Tried uninstall and reinstall but it still will not launch.

Comment actions Permalink
    Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

Same here... can't install it

Riley

I'm having the same issue. Installs just fine, but won't launch. Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling with my firewall disabled and nothing. Hopefully this is fixed soon...

Antti Hiillosmäki

yep same problem. Install ok, but doesnt start

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

Seriously how much time I'll have to wait? It makes 3 months I wait for this version of luminar and it crashes... joy

Steve Guldeman

Same issues here. Installed on a laptop. But, not on my desktop. Very frustrating....

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

I dont get why its working on my laptop and not my pc. Same windows and same program installed.

Helga Rowles

Hi guys,
    We're doing our best to fix the issue as soon as possible.
    As soon as we have any news, we will let you know.

Pamela Nathe

Thanks Helga .. I have the same issue. Program does NOT launch. Have also tried uninstalling/cleaning registry/rebooting/reinstalling/running as administrator and two hours later I am totally frustrated. 

How will you let us know when you have sorted this out?

Mark Beard

Same problem will not launch even as administrator,just a dead program.It is of no use as it is, very disappointed 

Paul-Andre Belle-Isle

We all know finding a bug take WEEKS for skylum 🤣

Scott Bert

Having the same problem.  It installed but won't launch.

Patrick Charbon

Same as Skylum 4.2.

Same as Skylum 4.3.

Same as 4.3 updated (suposed to solve the problem).

No answer from Skylum's technicians.

Seems all the budget goes to marketing ...

Adobe doesn't need to be afraid.

Sharon Osberg

It's Sunday morning and I just installed AI.  As with many folks participating in this thread, the program successfully installs, the program launches, but pull-downs for almost everything are greyed out (exception being language selection). My laptop is a 2019 Dell XPS 13 with an Intel i7 processor and 16gb of ram. Haven't yet installed on my desktop.  Please advise.

Alistair Hopkins

Issue fixed as follows

Uninstall Luminar.

How to uninstall an app on Windows 10 (click this text to open link).

Clear your registry:

• Visit https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download?pc
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the table and click Download from CCleaner.com in the first column.
    • Once the download has finished, launch the file and install CCleaner on your computer.
    • Launch CCleaner.
    • Click Registry on the left.
    • Click Scan for Issues in the lower left. Wait for the scan to finish.
    • After the scan has finished, click Fix Selected Issues in the lower right.
    • Close CCleaner.

Reboot your PC.

Download the latest version of Luminar from here: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarai/installer/win/LuminarAISetup.exe 

Once the installer has finished downloading, locate it in your Downloads folder (or wherever you chose to save it), right-click the file, and click Run As Administrator. A prompt might appear asking you whether you wish to confirm your action, click Yes and wait for the installer to load. Then, follow the instructions on the screen.

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/ce916c1f04334adfbc437edf4721b328 

Riley

I was having the same issue, but after being in contact with support I have it resolved now. While this fix might not work for everyone else I thought I'd put it out there for others to try.

Support suggested that I uninstall my graphics drivers and then reinstall them. After doing this I restarted my computer and Luminar AI works perfectly now! I also moved the installation folder of Luminar AI outside of the program files folder during this process.

Here is a resource on how to uninstall your graphics drivers: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/using-device-manager-to-uninstall-devices-and-driver-packages

Here are some links on where to redownload drivers:

Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425?v=t

AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support

Nvidia: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Notes: these links were provides to me from Skylum support. In the log file I sent to Skylum I noticed that my GPU was off for some reason in the log.

Mark Beard

i have tried all the above and still does not work

contacted skylum and waiting for answer

Mark Iveson

Installed on my iMac running Mojave and when asked to login to my account, I get the message " email and password do not match" despite entering my correct email and password.  I have installed without any issues on my Macbook Pro!!

(copy of Sharon's text, since it so aptly describes my issues)  The program successfully installs, the program launches, but pull-downs for almost everything are greyed out (exception being language selection). PS plug-in runs and opens AI, but no images appear and no commands are available. This software doesn't work as a stand-alone or as a plugin. 

On a side note, it would be nice if Skylum would comment here a little more often (they own the forum) to let us know if any progress is being made. They should also comment on "fixes" other people are posting. I'm not sure I want to clean my registry in a hot tub with the Pope just because someone suggests it. When fixes are posted to the Skylum forum, I believe Skylum has legal responsibility to moderate them. 

I am more than a bit unhappy that these and other issues have been identified for some time prior to my purchase of the software. If Skylum is unable to make their software work at all, sales should be suspended until they do. Otherwise they are deliberately selling a defective product. 

Finally, I didn't see an answer to the question of how we would be notified of the fix. If I miss it, will someone please point it out for me. Hopefully Skylum will also answer when they estimate this might be resolved. 

Sharon Osberg

Please refer to Riley's post above.  He said Skylum support suggested removing and reinstalling the graphics driver for your machine.  Yes, that really was the suggestion.  Anyway, I did it today and amazingly it worked.  It's very sad Skylum won't/can't address this software conflict between their software and graphics drivers.  How many people even know what a graphics driver is, let alone how or why they would be uninstalling/reinstalling theirs?

I agree. Very sad that it appears Skylum hasn't made any attempt to communicate a fix for these issues in a forum for that specific purpose or by email. 

I've read Riley's post above. I believe what he says (this isn't about him, but Skylum support). My point is anyone can say "Skylum told me..  ...to stick a fork in my eye." That doesn't mean the statement is true. It also doesn't mean the suggested fix is safe, effective, or won't have unintended consequences in any particular situation. 

"The company told me..." is not the way support service should work. If this is the/a solution, Skylum reps should post or email out the official solution and stand behind it. They stated they would. It takes seconds to type a couple of sentences here for the countless people waiting for an official answer. They've sent multiple marketing emails every day for as long as I can remember, yet not a single one for problem resolution. I'm getting really curious why they haven't (or cannot). 

So Skylum reps, what's the official story?

Peter Wells

In response to AI not launching on my laptop I received the following from them;

Please do the following:

Ensure that you have all the components that are essential for the operation of our software:

In case the steps above didn't help, please, provide us with your complete system summary:

Needless to say none of the above worked for me so I have sent them my system summary.

Will report back if and when I get a reply

Sharon Osberg

The above response is useless pablum from Skylum.  For me, the problem really was the graphics driver.  I've spent 30 years in technology, so I happen to know what a graphics driver is and that Windows 10 will (mostly) find the right driver after one has been uninstalled and the machine re-booted.  As "Member" said above, if this bandaid solution is a temporary fix to a stubborn problem, Skylum needs to get its act together and start communicating.  By the way, once the program actually did launch on my laptop, I was sent in an endless loop trying to activate it.  To solve that problem, I had to log out of my skylum acct and log back in.  There's another one that could use some explanation from Slylum.

Peter Wells

Have just reloaded my graphics driver and now it works fine on my laptop!!!

Skylum should be sorting this not the users

Sharon Osberg

Glad it worked and Amen to your last comment!

The graphics driver approach did not work for me, unfortunately. Neither did a couple of other things I was willing to try. I didn't mention it earlier because I didn't want to give an impression my griping was related to Riley's suggestion working or not. My griping is really well stated by Peter. Skylum should be out in front, taking care of this mess.

Shannon, amen to your comment. Peter, double Amen. And, Riley, thank you for the suggestion... it's helping some. 

Hope everyone is having an awesome Sunday, wherever you may be. 

Patrick Charbon

Totally useless, loss of time.

Seems Skylum doesn't even take care to give correct messages.

Think all the budget goes to marketing. None for development or quality program

Margaret Bright

Hi Patrick,

Please tell us more about the issue you are experiencing, we will be happy to help.

Our support team would also be happy to address the issues you've encountered and help you resolve them. Could you please get in touch with our team at https://skylum.com/support? Hope to hear from you soon.

Margaret, my issue is described above. It's the same as a few others and very similar to a few more. Your product does not work. It's hard to tell that Skylum is working to solve it at all, much less being aggressive and communicative while trying to solve these issues. 

When (if) Skylum has an answer, do you suppose they could let us all know what it is? If that is not going to happen quickly, will Skylum communicate this as well? 

I suppose Skylum isn't going to respond. Sad. Very sad indeed. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.