luminar 4 borderless prints

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Margaret Bright

Hi,

Please note that currently, our apps work only with your OS's standard printing dialog. You can access it via File > Print.

If you want to configure borderless printing, you will need to refer to your printer manufacturer's instructions.

We do have a more advanced printing dialog in our backlog of requested features, though.

Comment actions Permalink
    Matt Orth

Hey Member — a print module has been “in the backlog of requested features”  for at least the last two years. 

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360018227891/comments/360001787752

You asked specifically about Luminar 4, that’s orphan software at this point.  It may get a maintenance update or two in the next year, but Skylum has said it’s not getting any new features.  L4 is not going to get a print module.

I guess that means paying out for another Skylum product just to get borderless prints, and yes I do read and understand my printers instruction manual, also as numerous others have said other programs work fine,

Elena Blum

Hi Member,

We're also aware of the issue where, even though, the 'borderless printing' option is selected, the image is still printed with white borders. 

For now, we recommend you to export the edited photo (via File > Export) and use more advanced printing software.

Matt Orth

Well, you’ll only have to pay for a new version if they actually implement a print module. They only committed to putting it on a list. There’s no indication that they really plan on ever doing it.

oh well  just have to continue to export to photoshop which wasn't the plan to start with. goes to show 100% program with 0% printing content.

Please sign in to leave a comment.