Adding a Watermark in LuminarAI (The simple work around)

Answered

Comments

13 comments

Roy Blackwell

On Windows, the location of the Alpha Blend folder:

C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar AI\profiles\SkySFX\Alpha Blend

On Windows, this seems to only work if you place the sig file in the sky. Not very useful with that limitation.

Comment actions Permalink
    Sam Nutton

Thanks Roy :)

Egidio Leitao

That is very kind of you to provide this "simple" arrangement for add a watermark in Luminar.  Shame on Skylum for having ignored customers' request for a really simple way to do this. It's been requested for over 2 years now, and yet the company chooses to overlook adding this feature. Shame on Skylum. I love your products -- as you can attest by my purchasing everything -- but the fact remains Skylum has not addressed simple requests such as that.

Egidio

Sam Nutton

I have discovered one draw back with this "work around" in that if Luminar AI doesn't detect that "sky" is present the "augmented sky" option is grayed out so you cannot access your watermark :(

Pascal Rey

hello Sam,

sorry to say, I can't make work. Although I followed your  way.

Logo appears in the sky -if there's one-  so  I can't move it where I want...

Sam Nutton

Pascal, you need need to click on the "place object" button which puts a box around your logo and you can move and resize it to where you want it

Mort Berman

I have followed all the directions, but when there is a sky in the image, when the watermark is moved below the sky it disappears.  If there is no sky in the image, then when the Creative/Augmented Sky is selected, everything is 'greyed' out.  How to I work around that.

Sam Nutton

No to use the ugmented sky work around  to software has to detect  sky present as mentioned earlier and will only place that "augmented" image within that area.

I use LuminarAI as a plugin to Luminar 4, so if the above doesn't suit I can add via a layer in the normal way

Mort Berman

So Sam, I assume the sample image above my post was done via Luminar 4.  Thanks.  Hopefully there will be an easier way soon

Sam Nutton

Hi Mort,

No LuminarAI detected a sky in that image and allowed me to place the watermark (I know don't ask me why?) lol

Egidio Leitao

Mort, I would not hold my breath on that. For two years users have been asking for this feature. 

Mort Berman

Sam, how do you add Luminar AI as a plugin to Luminar 4

Sam Nutton
    Note this works for Mac OS but apparently there are no "plugin files" for Windows OS, or so I have been informed.

I've found a work around for the problem of working in layers with LuminarAI
    Simply use LuminarAI as a "plugin" for Luminar 4.
    The last I heard from Skylum is that LuminarAI is not intended to be used as a plug in in this way but it works
    I might add I've added the Topaz DeNoiseAI plugin to Luminar 4.
    The changes to files I made were:-
    Make sure you have a copy of LuminarAIPlugin.plugin, Luminar4Plugin.plugin and TopazDeNoiseAI.plugin in the 4 directories shown below
    Open Luminar 4 and because that program IS designed to use plugins you can access both Topaz and LuminarAI from the "Edit"-"plugin" menu.
    Now my workflow is
    After loading an image I want to edit in Luminar 4 I then open Topaz Denoise AI via the plugin menu and go to edit . Topas DenoiseAI launches and you can edit the file using that. When you've finished editing your file in Denoise it will automatically export it back to Luminar 4.
    Then from Luminar 4 this time go to edit - plugins and choose Luminar AI and continue to use the full features of Luminar AI.
    When I finish that it automatically exports back to Luminar 4 for the final touch of watermarking adding (which you also cannot easily do in LuminarAI).
    I may have dupicated unnecessarily some of the .plugin files but it has no ill effect and it seems to work just fine. When you're done you should have both Topaz and LuminarAI listed as plugins in Luminar 4 (see last photo)
    I should add this is on Mac BigSur, I'm not sure if you can do this on a windows OS

Please sign in to leave a comment.