Luminar AI and Watermarks Temp Fix Suggestion

Answered

Comments

12 comments

• Official comment
    Elena O'Brien

Hi Sam Nutton
    Thank you for your valuable feedback and tips!
    That is true, we have removed layers for LuminarAI. We’ve added a new Local Adjustment tool that lets you solve the problems that many rely on layers for. With it, you can make specific adjustments for individual areas or people. You can overlay textures or make targeted adjustments. Local adjustments are also easier to sync with multiple photos and can be stored in a LuminarAI Template. The Local Adjustment tool eliminates the need for complex layers, bringing results and performance without clutter.

As to being able to add watermarks, you can now add them through the AI Augmented Sky tool, just as you are doing now.

Thank you for understanding!

Comment actions Permalink
    Sam Nutton

Hi Elena,

Thanks for that I have however discovered one draw back in that if LuminarAI doesn't detect a sky is present the "augmented sky" option is grayed out and thwarts this work around sadly :(

Pascal Rey

Hi everybody,

I tried the solve the problem with the tips of sam & I have to say, I can't make it  work...

With a picture featuring a sky, I can see My logo & it disappear when i'm movin' it.

When the picture has no sky, I can't open my logo....

Alas, sigh....

the new update to come has to do it, create a template for logos cos' using local masking I can't move it...

Thx

Zdenek Rajgl

Hello Elena.

I am of the same opinion as Pascal. It doesn't work with the AI Augmented Sky tool. I don't want to place my watermark in the "sky", but somewhere below left or right. I hope I made myself clear. It would be nice if Luminar would publish a 2-3 min video tutorial on this problem. A little COFFEE BREAK with Angela & Vanelli?

Thanks in advance. Zdenek

Pascal Rey

Hi Folks, 

I just found this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR2uRzffU1hsn4seTDRl6lGvuVcJRdFogFme4-yE7yacun6eC4U5SNyPlhc&v=TumoVTFhcIg&feature=youtu.be

Think it will help, I'm gonna try it...

Have a nice day editing!

Pascal

Pascal Rey

After a first trial with this trick, I'm not really enthusiastic...

Zdenek Rajgl

I'm not thrilled either. I cannot place the logo flexibly, the quality is bad, NOT professional enough ...

Zdenek Rajgl

My goal: like in Luminar 4, I want to place the logo on the bottom left. I tried Augmented Sky and Local Masking, neither possible. Recommendation-1 Augmented Sky: The logo disappears behind the horizon (can only be placed in the sky). Recommendation-2 Local Masking: I cannot place the texture at the bottom in the corner (it is fixed in the middle). Can someone from the Luminar support team help us? I am certainly not alone !! Regards Zdenek, Switzerland

Skipper Jack

I seriously suggest you to do watermarking outside of the tool if you want ultimate quality and flexibility. With a few lines of code ImageMagick can do everything you need. I use IM to batch process all edited photos and watermarking is a step in it. I can share the script with you if you are interested.

Zdenek Rajgl

Hello Jack, I would like to test your proposal. Please send me the code for ImageMagick. I use MAC computers. Thank you in advance, Zdenek

Pascal Rey

Hi Skipper Jack, 

can u share the script for all of us?

many thx, 

Best regards!

Mark Hudson

Hey guys, I may be able to help. Jack may have a more sophisticated solution such as a morgify script, so please bear with my primitive one since I only use ImageMagick very casually.

This is the command I would use to watermark:

composite -compose multiply -watermark 10% -gravity SouthWest \
    -geometry +200+200 logo.png image.jpg image-watermarked.jpg
    • 10%: this is the opacity setting
    • SouthWest: is the lower left corner, remember geography? you know the other 8 values;)
    • +200+200: this is the margin from edge
    • logo.png: you know better what it is
    • image.jpg: your photo file
    • image-watermarked.jpg: output file

You can write a script to automate this for many images, some additional steps I would consider adding are:

• resize the logo to be proportional to the size of the photo
    • dynamically set the margin based on the size of the photo
    • detect color values in desired logo area and dynamically change the logo color if they are too close
    • there are some fancy scripts that you can use to create emboss/bevel effect like what Jack showed here

If you have never heard of ImageMagick before, google it and you will get a lot of info. Some command-line and coding knowledge is probably needed. On mac, you can use homebrew to install it and the above command will work right away.

On a related note, since Luminar doesn't support non-standard output color profile, I'm also using IM to convert color profile so that I can properly use my printing provider's custom profile. Something that may be useful to you guys as well.

convert image.jpg -strip -profile sRGB.icc -profile my_printer_profile.icc \
    ready_to_send_to_printer.jpg

Please sign in to leave a comment.