Luminar AI Mac and PC difference.

Answered

Comments

8 comments

• Official comment
    Alina Skylum

Hi mark thomas. The functionalities of Windows and Mac OS versions are a little bit different, therefore, some of the secondary options may be missing from one or another version. These secondary functions may be present on our platforms in the future as well. 

Nevertheless, we appreciate your feedback regarding the Undo option. Right now we're collecting customers' requests to bring this option to the Luminar AI. Once we have any news, we will get back to you!

Comment actions Permalink
    mark thomas

No undo for Dodge and Burn or Clone and Stamp either.

Mike Hardisty

Admittedly Jim Nix was using a beta version but he was able to send files from LAI direct to Aurora HDR. I don't see that option in the Windows version.

A little play today and tomorrow but so far all I'm really seeing is a clone of L4 with some fancy so-called AI and already differences between the MAC and Windows versions. 

Mike Hardisty

Just looked on the MAC page for LAI. It's confirmed that you can send a bracket set to Aurora HDR from the MAC version

mark thomas

Mike Hardisty I can understand them re-using a lot of L4 code.But I was really hoping they would have at least fixed the missing features with the windows version,silly me i guess .

BNH Photography

No undo mean you have to start over constantly. 

Richard Bader

I have noticed that two drop-down windows that I have seen working in online tutorials using Macs are not available on my windows version:

1.  In the "light" function in Essentials, there is a drop down window for "White Balance".  But in my Windows version that drop down list has only one entry:  as shot.  No other options, like the ones I saw on a youtube tutorial using Mac.

2.   In the "optics" funtion under "Professional" I saw a Mac based tutorial in which there was a drop down window with many selections for different cameras and lenses.  In my Windows version there is no drop down window in this function at all.

I hope these get fixed soon.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Richard,

Both of those options are the same for Mac and Windows users. What you're likely seeing is the difference between editing raw and non-raw files. Raw files will have options for white balance presets and additional options in the Optics tool.

Please sign in to leave a comment.