Last week I received my early bird version of Luminar AI and after having play with for a while, I have to say that in my humble opinion this is a significant step back compare to Luminar 4.
1. Launching the program takes forever: on averate 45 to 1 minute (I have a macbook pro with 32 GB ram)
2. Professional tool are essentially reduced to almost nothing, limiting in a significant way the ability to photoediting
3. Layers have also disappeared. I contact Skylum and they told me that this is becasue they were slowing down the process in Luminar 4. I am ok with using the masking tool instead addying layer to an image, but the new Luminar essentially don't let you to add a new image layer so for people doing landscape this is a significant limitation (e.g. you won't be able to blend two images one exposed for the highlights and the other for the shadow)
4. Templates: templates are similar to the LOOKS in the previous version of Luminar. Only, you have now only very few options compared to the previous version of Luminar
5. I hope the development team will review this early version, otherwise I already regret to have spent my money on this
Please sign in to leave a comment.